MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW FEATURE: Change username

NEW FEATURE: Change username (3) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW FEATURE: Change username (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW FEATURE: Change username

Thanks Matt,
I'm me again

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 04/08/2017 19:35  

We've just had a member join that needs to change their username to comply with terms and conditions.
As an experiment, I've directed the new member to the change name facility on the new site.
Hoping it goes through smoothly...

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 04/08/2017 19:43  

Thanks Nick. Saved me a job there :-D

Update Reply
Matt @ 04/08/2017 20:04  

Boss Man i think adding them to the moderation queue is a good idea, hopefully anything untoward can be picked up quickly.
I use a spreadsheet for keeping attendees details on, its proved the easiest option.
I appreciate the offer of an extra list linked, think that would be useful, for others as well as myself.
I tend to keep attendees lists for ride outs, camps, nights out etc, more for emergency purposes should anything occur.
I seem to be in the minority of folk who have reservations about this, so i'll sit back and shut up and see how it fairs.

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/08/2017 20:09  

Jackie - you're concerns are real though. I'm certainly not shrugging them off. I want to find a solution for you.

Let's see how it goes. If it really become a problem for you then I'll do something about it.

I think for now it's a good idea to also start using user ID's in your spreadsheet. Hover your mouse over anyone's photo/name and you'll see their ID. Or use the admin menu you have access to. Nobody can change their ID number

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/08/2017 19:47  

I think its prob best to see how it goes and if and when issues occur i'll flag them up :) and then see what solution we can come up with.
Appreciate i may be being over cautious lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 06/08/2017 21:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email