MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (4) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (4) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Mine works okay,even using my Pre-Raphaelite, XP endowed,steampooter..:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 31/05/2017 21:56  

Sorry guys, just had to turn the server off for longer than I would have liked (upgrading the mail server. A 2 minute reboot turned into a 20 minute drama.

Cat - see email/PM about your issue. Was unrelated but is now fixed

Update Reply
Matt @ 06/06/2017 20:56  

Hi Matt, is there any plans to put a big chat room button on the home page?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/06/2017 22:06  

TBH Boater, I don't think that 'a big chat room button' will help much . It appears that the dynamic of the site has dramatically moved from 'social' back to 'dating' (I use that term very loosely) and therefore most folk don't seem to want to 'chat' in the chat room

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/06/2017 14:13  

How do you know if you want to date if you don't get to know them first & chatting is a good way lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 07/06/2017 18:31  

I actually think having a chat room button on the main page is a really good idea, I have been on here since 2011 and have met some wonderful people and life long friends from here purely through our passion for bikes. I personally don't use this site as a dating site and never have but I have stated on my profile what I am looking for, if Mr Right walked in then fair enough that's a bonus but I cant help but wonder if new people know how to get to the chat room. I have to open a forum post then click on enter chat. This is purely my opinion though :)

Update Reply
X Beanz X @ 07/06/2017 18:42  

Hi Boss Man

Having a bit of an issue with the reply box.

Can't do three word replies and I've had to refresh this one three times to get it to the point I can do more than "Hi Boss Man".

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 08/06/2017 14:13  

Server just totally died guys. I'm really sorry but I don't know why. Took me a while to get it back online also

Expect more downtime this evening while I investigate

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/06/2017 17:28  

You know sweet FA just get a Bigger hammer

Update Reply
JP @ 08/06/2017 17:37  

I know JP, I do a good job of pretending I know stuff when really I've not got a clue

FYI - site now running on another server while I investigate the original server. Expect the site to perform SLOW but at least be online

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/06/2017 19:57  

Is this a taste of things to come on my 'dinosaur-spec' XP based pc...daily crashes and error messages now,unless i use it after 10:00pm(2200 hours)...has happened 4 of out of last 5 nights...

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 08/06/2017 20:58  

No it's a temporary measure. Running the site now on a temp server pending delivery of a new super-shit-hot server which will be powerful enough to serve us for the coming 20 years!

But because I'm upgrading all the software, email services, web server, security (a lot) etc I have to sometimes quickly reboot. It's not worth me announcing it in the forums as it normally takes less than 2 minutes.

For the time being just remember to save your message text before posting in forums/PMs. Highlight and right click + copy.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/06/2017 21:14  

Which button is right click again...?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 08/06/2017 21:48  

Yes I Hope it was.
But sadly it just died again and I've no idea why! Was eating out with the family and got a message on Facebook that the site was down.
Got home and the server seemed to be running all ok, but with lots of errors in the logs about the network.
A quick reboot and it seems to be ok now

Sowwy!

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/06/2017 18:52  

Oops sorry Matt, but thanks for sorting it :-)

Update Reply
Rose67 @ 10/06/2017 19:01  

Sadly you're right.... I looked at the logs and saw it was down most of the day. I had no idea, been outside trying to enjoy the weather.

I can only hope most of you were outside today and only a handful of people noticed (but with over a 1,000 people online right now, I sadly think many folks were affected. On a saturday of all days )

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/06/2017 20:35  

I gave up after two hours trying to get in!

Weather was great here

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 10/06/2017 23:10  

Ah well...shit happens,Matt...Egg/omlette sorta thing...thought XP had finally called it time..:)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 10/06/2017 23:41  

2 updates:

1) I've subscribed to a service that will monitor BM and alert me if it's down.

2) I've lowered the security a little bit, not too much, to enable some older phones and PCs to still access BM. I know some people found their phones could no longer connect. Time is ticking though and folks should always get themselves up to date. Anyhow, even reducing the security a little we still hold an A class rating: https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/analyze.html?d=www.bikermatch.co.uk well done me lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/06/2017 19:48  

Mercy Buckets,and may all your camels have many babies....XP rools..!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 12/06/2017 11:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email