MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (18) - Forums [Biker Match] BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening! (18) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

BikerMatch Version 2 - It's happening!

Matt.

Been mooching about on the mew site for a while now. And i have to day it works a treat realy like it.

Running iphone and ipad and so far no problems.

Top bannana fella👍

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2017 22:42  

Matt.

Been mooching about on the new site for a while now. And i have to say it works a treat realy like it.

Running iphone and ipad and so far no problems.

Top bannana fella👍

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/10/2017 22:44  

ROFL @Stuie. You like it so much, it's double top 🍌 🍌😁

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/10/2017 23:21  

Only with new topics, or also with new replies on existing topics?

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/10/2017 10:36  

Matt, I am not sure if this has been touched on before but, on the old site it was possible to see if a member was premium or standard. So far I cant see from looking at profiles what the status is of any of them.
Has this feature been made redundant or is it one of the many features that are yet to be added/tweeked?

Update Reply
Double six @ 28/10/2017 22:43  

Hi Matt
Sometimes I'm about to post something, I write it in the box only to see I've no button to send the post.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 31/10/2017 09:33  

Wotcha! The inbox, accessed via museum artefact iPhone 4s seems to have taken issue with one of my regular contacts.

I can read/respond to other messages on the mobile, just not that particular one. Theories? Too much waffle in our prolonged message exchange? My iPhone has just decided it doesn't like the bloke? You're in touch with one of my multiple bosses & decided I'm too easily distra-ooh! Squirrel! ------->

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 31/10/2017 09:50  

D6 - not possible anymore, you can no longer see if someone is a full member. Shouldn't be necessary either.

Rag - Any pattern to this issue? How often? Note that on mobiles the buttons appear BELOW the box, not to the right.

Wannabe - Can you view on a computer/desktop/laptop etc? Is your iPhone running IOS 9 or higher?

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/10/2017 19:44  

Hiya - the phone's on iOS 9.3.5 I think that's as high as I can go with that phone, as it fell off the back of Noah's Ark.

Using the phone, I can view and reply to other messages in the inbox where I've only got 1 or 2 messages exchanged... I just can't view and reply to the looooooong exchange of messages with one user in particular.

It's odd.

Works fine on my laptop.

So it's not an insurmountable issue, just a peculiar one.

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 31/10/2017 22:29  

Tonight, when posting my reply on the forum (using laptop) I'm getting a flashing post reply box, rather than a solid one.

First time that's happened for me, so it could be associated with today's wobbles, or could be a similar issue to Ragnar's? It still works, but it's a bit trippy :D

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 31/10/2017 22:32  

I've sussed out what was happening.
The post box only comes up once you tap in four letters and it was when I was copy & pasting from my music library for the word games.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/11/2017 17:53  

Wannabe, send me a message please in private with the person's name who's messages you can't open plus your password if you don't mind. I'll test as you from an iPad running IOS 9 to try and fix it.

The trippy reply box I've no idea about! :-D

Ragnar - indeed you need to press a key on the reply box to trigger to character-count check, which enables the buttons for posting

Update Reply
Matt @ 01/11/2017 18:14  

Hiya Matt - I tried using my Mum's phone and iPad and managed to read and reply to the user concerned... So I'm guessing it's something weird that my phone in particular is doing.

Then it dawned on me that I never log out on the phone, so maybe I should try doing that.

Now the blessed thing won't let me log into the site at all. Just keep getting "A problem occurred with this webpage, so it was reloaded" message.

I think my phone's buggered.

So's my laptop. I'm still getting the trippy post reply box on the forums :D

I should probably quit the 21st Century tech world and go back to a pair of tin cans on a string...

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 01/11/2017 23:59  

haha you're the 'victim' of a change I made yesterday.
People with 6 or more "Tell you later" fields on their profile will no longer show on the search page.

Profile is still enabled and people can find you by name, but your profile is considered "incomplete".

I was trying to decide how many fields to count. Maybe 6 is too low.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/11/2017 08:22  

Mine is running really well. However, I paid subs again so don't have Ads.

Now that the 'blanks boxes' (which were randomly scattered throughout the forum threads) have disappeared all is tickety-boo! 👍👌

Thanks for the prompt action last night Matt, from a random comment in chat to resolved in about 10mins. Fab work! 👏

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 11/11/2017 10:34  

ADS???? if it's that blummin' Mr.& Mrs BMW Perfection picture,they can keep it....if it's for the Samaritans,i could be tempted,on a bad day...if it's for chocolate bars,BRING IT ON!!!

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/11/2017 12:09  

You're Welcome Lindsay

Cath the performance is probably related to ads. Upgrading will remove them all

Once the site is finished I'll be looking at tweaking it around performance tuning

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/11/2017 17:06  

HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Kepp getting this when I try to log in I got in this time via the NEW MESSAGE at the top of the page

Update Reply
JP @ 16/11/2017 02:34  

I just had the same as JP .... see above

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/11/2017 10:04  

Still doing the same try to open sit get that message then start clicking on likes until one works and lets you in

Update Reply
JP @ 16/11/2017 14:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email