MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Link events to Forum Topic

Link events to Forum Topic - Forums [Biker Match] Link events to Forum Topic - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Link events to Forum Topic

OK..must be time for me to ask a silly question posed a thousand times before...
Why isn't it possible to create an active link between the event and the relevant post?
Example Event: Pick Up A Pillion Day 23 April 2017
Related Forum post: Pick Up A Pillion Day 23 April 2017
I would've thought that would save loadsa bumping, repasting and constantly having to repeat stuff?
Updates are great, but to have post and event directly linked would also make it easier to switch between the two and help keep things live and current.
It could also enable tagging for the subject across the site, creating a relevant relationship that might help with increasing awareness.
I've seen it configured in other similar software apps.
Matt...Mods...am I being too off planet?

Update Reply
nickscafe @ 01/04/2017 11:30  

Hiya, I totally agree this would make things so much easier for everyone. Jx

Update Reply
Bebe D-Oie @ 03/04/2017 12:10  

There is a link on threads to the event but yep a link from events to the thread would be handy

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 03/04/2017 12:20  

I asked Matt about 5 years ago to do that when he was at mcn and I'm still waiting

Update Reply
JP @ 03/04/2017 13:20  

JP, when a man says he'll do something, he'll do something. You don't need to remind him every 5 years!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/04/2017 13:18  

WML at Cornholio's comment.

I have a vague memory of this topic being discussed in the past but don't recall the responses.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 06/04/2017 06:44  

lol sorrrrry. Reminder duly noted

I'd say: Put a link to the event in the first post of the topic. Then put a link to the forum topic in the web-link field of the event. If there's an external link already on the event then put the link in the description. I will work some magic to make the event descriptions automatically create a hyperlink if a link is detected.

How's that sound?

Mods can also help edit existing events and forum topics if necessary - just drop them an email.

Currently redesigning the site and will also keep this issue in mind.

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/04/2017 21:54  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email