MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New feature: Calendar updates

New feature: Calendar updates - Forums [Biker Match] New feature: Calendar updates - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New feature: Calendar updates

As requested, I've changed the calendar to add some little extras...

The calendar is now searchable for "BM Organised Events"You can filter for events which have people attendingEmpty days are automatically hidden from the year overview pageThe year overview page also shows how people friends are attending, how many in total, and if it's a BM event or notWhen visiting an event there's a clear (but not intrusive) message asking if you are planning to attend the event or not
Hopefully it's mostly self explanatory, but here's an example from the calendar year-overview page:

Sat 18 Feb
1) (BM) Night Out In Chester (1|15) *371mi

This means it's a BM-only event. The numbers in brackets mean 1 friend is going plus 15 in total. The number at the end means it's 371 miles away from my postcode.

There's a button at the top also which says "Toggle Empty Days". Automatically empty days are now hidden, but you can press this button to show them again if you prefer that view.

When opening an event you'll see this...

Are you planning to attend this event?
Yes - add to my calendar

Think that's simple enough, and will hopefully stop the emails I get asking "how do I add an event to my profile?"

Any questions, please let me know

Update Reply
Matt @ 11/02/2017 13:52  

Wow the enthusiasm

Update Reply
Matt @ 12/02/2017 19:34  

LOL
Thanks Matt

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2017 08:23  

Just looked at calendar and yes its easy to spot a BM event now, so thanks Boss Man :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/02/2017 12:26  

Had a play around and tis easier.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 13/02/2017 14:00  

does it for me.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 13/02/2017 14:18  

Sounds like we're a happy bunch, does it for me too.

Update Reply
Motorbike50 @ 13/02/2017 14:36  

Cheers Matt

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 13/02/2017 20:08  

Still left wondering where the 'submitted but vanished' ones went.........?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 13/02/2017 20:54  

Hey Jinx

Yea me too. Everything looks ok in the database and I can see all approved events are visible.

Give me some examples please (who submitted, approximately when it was submitted, and of course the title of the event. Date/time of the event would also help - whatever you have)

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2017 15:26  

Well I for 1 cant remember when I sent the events in but it was Barflys sent it twice

Update Reply
JP @ 14/02/2017 16:29  

JP i found the problem!

You put the end date BEFORE the start date, so it doesn't appear on the calendar...

Start: 2017-07-07 12:00:00.000
End: 2017-06-09 00:00:00.000

I'll find it online and fix it, no worries.

There's 4 in total like this...

Boxing Day Meets,Gloucestershire
Barflys Rally 2017
Maryport Blues Festival
Brightonia

I will also add some error-checking into the "Add Event" page to catch this earlier in future

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/02/2017 19:17  

AHA!! sounds like my famous FFS...Fat Finger Syndrome...or could be my equally FHS..Fat Head Syndrome,but probably why 2 of mine were MIA,then....thanks Matt for persistance..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 14/02/2017 20:43  

Can you put down the night out in Shrewsbury as a BM event please

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2017 10:17  

Night out in Shrewsbury is a bm only event but still isnt showing (BM) or has that gone by the wayside now?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/05/2017 23:16  

Matt, on the main calendar page, before submitting an event, there is no info about length of time to wait, after submitting, before contacting staff.
Would it be possible to add it please? 

Also there needs to be quicker acceptance times, especially as there are now 5 staff members who deal with the calendar. Cheers

Update Reply
Sandi @ 15/06/2017 08:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email