MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

23rd April Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock

23rd April  Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock (2) - Forums [Biker Match] 23rd April  Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

23rd April Pick up a Pillion Day - Matlock

Goingtouring/Sandi, you going to join us for the ride down to Matlock from Holmfirth then or is there another plan of action?

As far as I am aware we are on about half a dozen bikes atm. Anyone/everyone welcome to join us for the bimble (!) down.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 12/02/2017 18:34  

Hi Lindsay, I've no idea what GT's plan is with regard to the route to Matlock Bath, I'll  just be happy to get there  and to see you again of course.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2017 07:34  

Bumped for AJ
Hi to all you new and old types ha ha Keep an eye on 23rd April - Pick
up a Pillion day - this year will be at Matlock. This is a great event
to meet up with new people and keep an eye out also for places to meet
up prior to setting off for MATLOCK - or make your own way. I'm pretty
sure (mentioning no names) that I know one or two who have paired off
after a Pick up a Pilly day, Should be on events callendar. For us Midland lot, the usual meet up is Bassetts Pole and
then go from there, but I'll finalise that nearer the time. If you want
to check out where it is - Post Code Address: London Road Bassets Pole,
Sutton ...... B75 5SA Usually meet outside or inside McDonalds for a
tea and a bun before setting off. I don't mind leading if someone will
volunteer to be backmarker to keep the L's and 125's in line. No
motorways so L/125 will be OK, no-one will get left behind. Come along,
join in, what have you got to lose ???
As BJ says : Anybody
wanting a pilly seat, add yourself to the 'lift' option on the event and
same applies to anybody offering a seat.

Update Reply
JP @ 14/02/2017 18:13  

Great, everyone has stated what time they are leaving their various meeting points for the run to Matlock ,Can someone tell what time you all intend to meet and where in Matlock PLEASE as will be making own way down

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 14/02/2017 19:16  

Hey Martin (QM) in previous years it's been noon (ish) I believe. Usually outside the cafe with the HUGE icecream cones on the pavement, near Bikers Gearbox.

It will be great to see you again, hope that you are still on the mend and that you will be fighting fit in April.  Lx

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/02/2017 21:06  

Hey, I think our (Sandi and me) plan would be to join you in Holmfirth and travel 'en convoy'
PS. i'm liking the GT, makes me sound American, bit lit someone out of Dukes of Hazard ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/02/2017 22:19  

Hey GT!! , thats great. I will pm you with a phone number nearer the time.

We will be easy to spot on the carpark, although Sandi knows us. K1200S (blue n white) sticks out like a sore thumb, should also be a couple more BMWs, Red VFR (I think) as well as a matt black ZX6R. Not sure what else others will be riding ATM.

Looking forward to the rideout and the icecream

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/02/2017 23:10  

Well we are up to 21 already. Just to say that this is a great event for new people and old alike to meet up, renew friendships and make friends and maybe more. I have seen a lot of comments over time about people wanting to make friends, to speak to people etc....well this is the ideal platform to start that process. Personally I don't do the chat rooms as I'm rubbish at thinking of stuff to say, but I am very spontaneous in face to face conversations. When it was my nnth birthday 2 years ago, although I'm married and looking for friendships only, over 80 people turned up, and from that day alone, I still recognise so many of them on this site. So come on, step out of your comfort zone and get yourself to Matlock on 23rd April. Ice creams are wonderful and the chips taste like chips. If that doesn't float your boat, cakes and coffee are available too. Bikers basic diet. Well it's mine anyway, all my routes are basically café to café. 23rd April - be there. !!! You know you want to !!

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 15/02/2017 22:43  

If your planning to go from Bassetts Pole on 23rd april, be leaving 10:45 to 11:00. If your not sure who we are, look for the BRIGHT YELLOW VFR800. Touch it and I guarantee I'll find you ha ha. Seriously though, we'll be just outside or inside McDonalds, probably from tennish onward.
Post Code Address: London Road Bassets Pole,
Sutton ...... B75 5SA

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 15/02/2017 22:47  

I will be going down M6 then A515 into Matlock via Cat n Fiddle anyone this side country want to join me then just say where you want to join me ,or me you lol.Ride safe

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 17/02/2017 23:25  

b.u.m.p

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 21/02/2017 02:05  

This is a great way to meet folk n make friends...  or more! (trust me,  I KNOW ) 

Get your face on the Event Page,  if you are in need of a pilly seat you can 'Request Lift' via the event page. Those with seats available can 'Offer Lift', its really simple, honest! 

My kipper is giddy already   really looking forward to seeing everyone again n meeting new people too

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/02/2017 23:07  

27 now.................. roll up, roll up. More the merrier. Great chance to make new friends, renew old friendships and acquaintances. Ideal platform for new people to maybe kick off new friendships (and maybe more).....they always put that don't they? ha ha should be a good day.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/02/2017 16:15  

I would really love to go. I have put my request in for a ride if there is anyone who is nearby that could give me a seat?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2017 19:15  

Thanks FIRETRAP for the seat :) that's great! I'm just a standard member so can't message you direct :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2017 21:02  

Cheers both...enjoy the day

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 26/02/2017 06:26  

BUMP

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 28/02/2017 12:46  

Don't forget folks, if you have a rendezvous/start point post it up, it may encourage others to join you for the ride down to Matlock

Rendezvous/start points so far folks;

*** Bassetts Pole (McDonalds Car Park), London Road, B75 5SA - leaving between 10:45am - 11:00am

*** Car Park (opposite the Corner House Cafe & Bambles) Towngate, Holmfirth, HD9 3AY - leaving at 10:30am

Quiteman (QM) has also said that he will be going down M6 then A515 into Matlock via Cat n Fiddle if anyone would like to join him, just let him know where! :D

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/02/2017 13:56  

Bumping this for anyone interested in joining in.
Scroll thro the posts for relevant info re: meeting up to ride into Matlock Bath.

We meet up outside the cafe with the huge icecream cones, on North Parade post code DE4 3NS

Check the event on the calendar 'Pick up a Pillion' to see which members are going, that way you may recognise one of us when you get there, or you could send them a message and arrange to meet up to ride into Matlock Bath.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 05/03/2017 02:22  

Anybody south of Brum need a pillion ride?,i can scoop up on the way up from Gloucestershire,or en route to Basset's Pole,just holler(but it might cost you an ice cream,lol)...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 05/03/2017 10:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email