MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

The Annual Fred Hill Ride - Leeds - 12 February 2017

The Annual Fred Hill Ride - Leeds - 12 February 2017 - Forums [Biker Match] The Annual Fred Hill Ride - Leeds - 12 February 2017 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

The Annual Fred Hill Ride - Leeds - 12 February 2017

It's nearly that time again ...
Sunday 12 February 2017 - Annual Fred Hill Ride Meeting at Squires Cafe, Newthorpe Lane LS25 5LX from 10am
Leaving Squires @ 11am
Going to: The Sun Inn, Brame Lane, Norwood, Harrogate, HG3 1SZ
I've been on this a few times, usually a small (perfectly formed!) rideout.
Weather can vary greatly obviously (rain, snow, chilly, mild, bright and sunny in my experience) but its a nice ride up to The Sun Inn and an even better Sunday lunch when you get there!
Anyone fancy blowing the cobwebs away and remembering Fred and what he stood for?

Please Note: There are numerous Fred Hill Rides/Runs taking place all over the country, they may be on different dates. Check the MAG website if you want details of rides/runs in your area.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 14/01/2017 16:25  

It looks like the BM contingency on the rideout will be very small this year.

This rideout is in remembrance of Fred Hill, Yorkshireman and civil rights activist, who died in Pentonville in 1984 (aged 74) halfway through his 31st (& final sentence). He was uncompromising in his stance on the helmet law and he refused to wear a helmet or pay the fines for doing so.

It must be noted that the helmet law by itself was not the issue. The issue was and still is the individual’s right to freedom of choice and is as relevant now as it ever was.

Hats (or helmets) off to those who attend this rideout or one of the others around the country. It's good to know that Fred has not been forgotten! 

Oh yes I will be taking the opportunity afterwards of a great Sunday Lunch at The Sun Inn, whilst taking in the lovely views over the reservoirs and rolling hills. Bliss!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 01/02/2017 12:53  

Unfortunately I doubt I will be unable to make this now due to health reasons. If you attend raise a glass for me.

Please Note: I'm not adverse to having a roast dinner packaged up in a plastic box and dropped off on your way back home!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 07/02/2017 11:36  

Aww Lindsay that's a shame, hope you feel better soon.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2017 07:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email