MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Trip to Ireland

Trip to Ireland - Forums [Biker Match] Trip to Ireland - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Trip to Ireland

Hi all, Im after some help from you lovely people please.Ive decided to go to Ireland for a week in August and would be grateful of some info on routes ,b&bs etc so i can get started in planning it all.All info gladly received Cheers Sue

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2017 11:08  

Hi Sue, Ireland's a great place to visit.
If you take the ferry to Dublin, then follow the signs for Wexford and follow the road down the east coast. Keep with the same coast road will take you to Wexford, over to Waterford and to Cork, Blarney Castle is near Cork. Some decent roads and beautiful countryside.

Not certain how many miles you want to cover each day?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/01/2017 13:46  

Personally I find the east coast a bit too built up these days. Hit the M7 from Dublin and swing off onto the M8. Aim for Cashel. Might be a bit of a long run for 1 day unless you're stopping over in Dublin/Holyhead.I can recommend Peggy O'Neills B&B in Cashel(I've got the number if you want it) and there are some cracking pubs around there. From Cashel you can head north to Limerick and into the Gaelic speaking areas with their winding country roads, which are great if you like taking it easy and have people wave at you as you pass or you can head south to Cork and then head back down to coast to Waterford and then on to Wexford then back up the coast to Dublin. If you do go down that way and ancient sites and buildings are your thing make sure you spend a day (Atleast) at Glendalough. Plenty of B&Bs or hotels around there. Good luck and have fun.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 20/01/2017 19:50  

I'm going to big up the North, as it seems Norn Iron always gets missed out... Head up the Antrim Coast Road & hit the Giants Causeway, "my" castle (Dunluce), the Carrick-A-Rede rope bridge & a swift visit to the Bushmills Distillery... Can't recommend any B&Bs, as I stay with family

Update Reply
Wannabe @ 21/01/2017 07:28  

Head west. Cork and Kerry are fantastic. Galway up to Donegal is spectacular. Only takes a couple of hours these days to cross from Dublin to Galway. Lots of BnB accomodation available.

Update Reply
burrenman @ 12/02/2017 16:50  

Aim for the south west, it's awesome :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/02/2017 18:01  

Hello Sue, I was wondering if you would be keeping a travel diary during this trip? I would love to read about your experiences, and see any pics that you post to your profile.
Fingers crossed for dry weather for you and safe travels.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 13/02/2017 07:46  

I sort all my accommodation bookings through booking.com because it's easy to search for rooms by location and they have good coverage

Update Reply
fazerdaze @ 23/02/2017 06:29  

Hi
I live in Co Mayo and last year ran an Airbnb for bikers looking to explore the Wesht of Ireland.
The biking roads are fantastic, weather can be iffy, but riding the Wild Atlantic Way from Achill Island to Galway is spectacular.
The Burren is a couple of hours, as is Donnegal but it is the journey not the destination.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/04/2017 23:02  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email