MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Scotch Piper

Scotch Piper - Forums [Biker Match] Scotch Piper - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Scotch Piper

Don't know if anyone active on here these days used to go to the bike nights at the Scotch Piper but if you did just to let people know that the thatched roof caught fire yesterday afternoon and the place is now a mess due to the fire and water damage.

Seems the brewery will probably now get their way and stick TVs and a restaurant in there during the rebuild. Shame, it was one of the few pubs left that had open fires, decent beer and no football matches blasting out.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 07/12/2016 16:19  

All very sad, although I'm sure the Piper will be back in business soon.

Update Reply
Wills @ 07/12/2016 22:29  

Well it is sad news to hear about the Scotch Piper ive been going there for many a year and very popular with bikers on a Wednesday night, hope they don't ruin a great oldy pub with great beer when they refurb it !

Update Reply
Roughrider02 @ 08/12/2016 16:42  

Is this the one dow from the Hen and Chickens??

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 09/12/2016 18:15  

That's the one, although the H&C became an Indian restaurant a few years ago. I think it's just been sold again.

Update Reply
Wills @ 09/12/2016 19:55  

h Wills, I'm gutted, had some really great nights up there..
Baby Tyler went up there at two weeks old!!
Suppose everything changes

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 09/12/2016 20:27  

From what I gather, the main body of the Piper isn't too badly affected and temporary repairs should allow it to reopen in a matter of days. A full-scale re-thatch will probably have to wait until the summer though, I suspect.

Update Reply
Wills @ 09/12/2016 21:30  

Oh the thatch is the easy bit. Several thousand gallons of water from the hose and platform is what's done the damage. Still could have been a lot worse so fingers crossed for an early re-opening and the pub not messed with to much.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 10/12/2016 11:07  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email