MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Profiles

Profiles - Forums [Biker Match] Profiles - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Profiles

Hi all , It's nice to be back x I like the new set up to . I have a question , and I apologise if this has already been brought up . I get someone looking at my profile , and when i go to see who they are I see a message that say's " This person has not completed their profile or has disabled their profile " . Has anyone else had this ? . I don't like the idea that someone can see me , but I can't see who they are . Oh yes and I thought Profiles had to be of your face , some profiles dont have pics of the person at all , most annoying . Rant Over x Missed you all xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2016 01:38  

yup..

Update Reply
Junction47 @ 02/10/2016 01:54  

SM 52,Yep,happens to us chaps too..just another browser i expect...see website thread on 'tell you later'for anothet pet hate..

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 02/10/2016 07:21  

Oh yes thats annoying to ...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2016 07:55  

SM52, we on the staff try to keep on top of the pictures, but we do try to cut newbies a bit of slack if they've put up bike-only pictures, or ones with lids on, and ask them first to change their pictures rather than cracking down on them hard.
Nude or lewd pictures, though, will be deleted without any warning.

Update Reply
Wills @ 02/10/2016 21:43  

Only happened once to me. The only thing I can think of is someone has joined, not done any info at all for their profile intending to do it later & had a browse or 2 while they were still online straight after joining. I built my profile up over more than a few days & feel it still could do with a tweek or two. I know I browsed a little before I filled in my profile.

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 02/10/2016 23:31  

Hi Wills , i get the pics bit , but what about the ones that have no profile up at all ? x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2016 09:07  

Just checked, the person who veiwed & had no profile to show now has one so as I thought, joined, browsed then filled in their profile. Best to take time doing the profile & not rush !!

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 03/10/2016 09:44  

yup as said before we blokes get the profile viewings by persons wishing to hide.

personaly i have no issue with multipile viewings. thats what its there for. but i concider it rude or some times worrieing that some one is working out who you are with out you being able to do the same.

these people i just simply block, along with the people out there who wish to make lude comments via pm.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2016 21:04  

I agree with you Stuie , its not just blokes tho x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2016 22:36  

well yes i can imagine the girls on here get an awfull lot of profile hits, what suprises me is the amount of profile hits i get from other blokes.

more often than not the blokes block me or remove there profile. not so much so from the girls.

tbh i have always thought some one should not be able to browse full profiles unless there running a current profile them selves. ok its a free site but if your profile is disabled could you realy be deamed trustworthy enough to view full profiles?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/10/2016 23:05  

One other tiny moan I have is when a nod / message is sent people often don't reply. It's one thing to leave it for a day or two once the message has been seen but to not reply ? Why ? Just a thanks but no thanks takes little time. People put looking for new friends yet seem to ignore possible new friends when they say hello. Very strange ??

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 04/10/2016 10:43  

I had a message from someone and when I opened it, I got "This profile has been deleted" Still intrigued as to what the message was and why after sending they decided to leave the site

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2016 13:11  

I had a message from someone and when I opened it, I got "This profile has been deleted" Still intrigued as to what the message was and why after sending they decided to leave the site

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2016 13:11  

KT - that usually means it was a spammer and we have deleted their profile.

Scarecrow - if a person is not a full member they can not respond to a nod, so sometimes its that rather than ignorance.

As a Mod i take the same tone as Wills and if it is a new member who has either no pic or a bike pic, i send them a pm leting them know that site rules require profile pics to be of their face. No point upsetting folk when youknow its usually they have not read the rules as yet

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/10/2016 14:16  

rules? 

omg i feel im about to get into soo much trouble, i didnt know about rules, they mean i have to conform. sounds dangerous that does :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/10/2016 18:53  

Totally agree , but its still annoying when there is no pic . It would be nice if it was madatory to have a pic when you sign up .... another " rule " stewie lol ....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/10/2016 07:04  

SM52,Unfortunately,some of us have weathered a lot better than others,(see my more recent Profile pics for damning evidence),perhaps why some never change their pics...i do try to fill in as much background as i can(we've noticed,yawn.) and honestly too..and rotate them around....what more can a mere male do,other than publicise a Euro-Millions win...? :)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 08/10/2016 11:11  

Mere males stand as much chance as a scunk. I think I'll change my profile photo to one of me in a super hero onsie.

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 08/10/2016 13:52  

There are even profiles on here that i cant even view , when i click on the name , it takes me back to the homepage , what's going on there ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/10/2016 15:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email