MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

NEW FEATURE: Forums v2

NEW FEATURE: Forums v2 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] NEW FEATURE: Forums v2 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

NEW FEATURE: Forums v2

Is a new Profile picture high on your list ,too??(just asking)

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 22/09/2016 16:43  

Blimey...such wondrous technology unfolding around us as i speak...now just get it to pour me another pint,and we're sorted...:)> XX

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 22/09/2016 16:47  

Ok I'll do my best lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2016 17:39  

Profile picture? For me? I swap it around sometimes but haven't made any new ones recently

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2016 17:42  

Just teasing...:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 22/09/2016 21:02  

How very dare you lol

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/09/2016 22:40  

Reading text in forums is fine but when typing the text is very small and that's with my spectacles on. Before ya ask yes they are new lenses. :-) BTW posting is a lot better, for years now whenever I posted a reply I had to hit the post button twice, now it works first time. Cheers Matt x

Update Reply
Sandi @ 23/09/2016 04:36  

Pain in the ass on a mobile as you have to compress the screen to get all the info in then strech it on the bit you want to click on. Unless you have little girly fingers. There is no edit button after you have posted thats it warts and all

Update Reply
JP @ 23/09/2016 06:31  

After hitting the wrong tab I thought I would have to re-type a post all over again. Just hitting the post reply tab brought all the text back as it was, good for those of us with thick fingers.

Update Reply
Double six @ 23/09/2016 08:20  

Spacing in forum posts is disproportional and looks odd.

Update Reply
Double six @ 23/09/2016 18:13  

JP,
What do you mean by this "you have to compress the screen to get all the info in then strech it on the bit you want to click on" ? can you elaborate a little for me?
Also, as was already said, you can edit posts from the Actions button. Note though you can only do this for 30 minutes after your post.

Cat,
That's not good! :-( Can you try to figure out for me please if you get it only when posting certain content? Or under specific circumstances? I don't get that and I've been testing it a lot.

D6,
Indeed, that's another benefit of this new page I made. The "Post Reply" box is a kind of "virtual" box embeded and hidden in the background. Pressing the Post Reply button simply unhides it, without having to load any other page extra.
What do you mean about the spacing in the posts? Can you explain a bit further for me?

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2016 19:28  

Text in the Post Reply box has been enlarged. The smileys also. Especially for mobile devices. Please let me know what you think now.

I'm also going to merge the 2 topics about the new forum design as the discussion is being split in 2 now

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2016 19:29  

Cat,
The error message you have is what appears when something is wrong.

Either:
>Your session expired after 20 minutes of inactivity.
>Your message is not long enough (minimum of 3 characters must be posted)
>Your internet connection is down and the page cannot post your message.

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/09/2016 19:35  

Some of the posts in a few of the threads appear to have abnormal spacing between words. It seems to be more so in the jokes/games forum, in particular the song title game. Although it could be my phone and tablet.

Update Reply
Double six @ 23/09/2016 22:05  

Yes, it looks like it has sorted itself out now, cheers Matt.

Update Reply
Double six @ 24/09/2016 07:52  

Is this a step forward ? I get 'loud pipes' in every topic.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/09/2016 14:15  

Loud pipes??

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/09/2016 14:16  

Testing testing 1 2 3
Woo oo it's bigger, the text I mean.

Cheers Matt x

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2016 03:55  

Woohoo...!! a new profile picture,well done Matt,erm...which one is you,btw?

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 25/09/2016 19:41  

I have to make the words and page very small to get it all on the screen then manvoer the page say page number to the center and expand the screen to click on the bit I want.

Update Reply
JP @ 26/09/2016 04:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email