MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Jokes, Games & Silly Things

As I Mature

As I  Mature - Forums [Biker Match] As I  Mature - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Jokes, Games & Silly Things /

As I Mature

I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is stalk them and hope they panic and give in.

I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people are just assholes.

I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and it only takes suspicion, not proof to destroy it.

I've learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that you'd better have a big willy or huge boobs.

I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others. They are more screwed up than you think.

I've learned that you can keep vomiting long after you think you're finished.

I've learned that we are responsible for what we do. Unless we are celebrities.

I've learned that 99% of the time, when something in the house isn't working, one of the kids did it.

I've learned that the most important people in your life leave too soon, and all the less important ones just never go away.

Anyone got any more?

Update Reply
abctrev @ 30/10/2007 16:54  

i've learned that you know friends will let you down but you never know when mates will

Update Reply
tb500 @ 30/10/2007 17:37  

I've learned that I never learn my lesson...

Update Reply
stueylewie @ 30/10/2007 18:16  

whoooooooooooooooooaaaaaa ! Its happening on this thread too, I think your pc has entered the Twilight Zone abctrev, its possessed !

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 30/10/2007 18:22  

jus about covers it!!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 30/10/2007 18:59  

as i mature i am becoming invisible,an people talk slowly to me,an my face is melting!!

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 30/10/2007 19:01  

i ended up under nutkin this time!!!!mmmmmmmmmm

Update Reply
tangoman60 @ 30/10/2007 19:02  

Omg abctrev I can relate to so many of those. I have learnt that before you can let others like you, you have to learn to like yourself. I am also learning that its as important to make time for yourself as well as others, true friends will be there tomorrow but if you don't make time for yourself you may not be. I have also learnt that its harder to take of the lid from the sherry bottle as you get older and using your teeth isn't a good option when they aren't your own.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 30/10/2007 23:04  

Can relate to your top two CG, but not the third as luckily my teeth are still my own - need em to crack all those nuts I forage for, lol !!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 31/10/2007 03:01  

As CG says, one of the most important things is to give yourself some real time, work out what actually makes you happy, what do you enjoy, what are your real boundries and ethics, make yourself whole and the right types will be attrracted!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2007 03:35  

Oops, can't spell this time of the morning!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2007 03:36  

I've learnt...

Self-destruction is fun but not a good basis for a long-term strategy
Tattoos are addictive
Sometimes the only available legacy is a newspaper headline
It's easy to commit to others but getting them to commit to you is harder
The older I get the less I understand women
Friends are the most important people in the world
Respect is earned and is not a right
Harleys don't get on with going round corners

Update Reply
Dangermouse @ 31/10/2007 05:54  

likewise for me too ............ I can identify with almost all of what you are saying. I have also learnt that we never stop learning no matter how old we are or what we have been through, that life is full of surprises, good and bad, and often, what you think will happen just does'nt lol!!! That life is for living and we're only here once so we should make the most of it cos there's always someone worse off than yourself, no matter how bad you feel!!! If things go wrong, look foward not back and pick yourself up and move on positively..................focus on the good things not the bad and something will happen cos things never stay the same so dont be so rigid or too well planned that you cant change alongside them! Forget over-analysing, blame, regrets - they're just a waste of time and produce nothing except getting you "stuck"! Just be yourself, be the best you can, have fun and keep your trusted friends and family close.......................but then I guess you all know that..........just gotta put it into practice uh lmao!!! Sandy x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2007 05:56  

I have learnt to trust my instincts and the universe,they are the only things that never let you down.

To have fun at every oppurtunity,to play and forget we're suppossed to be grown ups.

To never play on the adventure playground in the rain when drunk.

And to love life,even the shitty bits.

Dangermouse,don't try to understand us Bud,just love us.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/10/2007 07:15  

i've learnt not to trust the flying monkey's

Update Reply
funnylilpillion @ 01/11/2007 11:26  

I have learnt, like Cassie to have fun, who cares how old I am, tho to me, everywhere is a playground if its wet, all those puddles for bouncing around in - boinggggg ! now the serious stuff..... try to be kind to myself, and not be so hard on myself like I can be * PMA, Postitive Mental Attitude - look at everything good in my life (my kids) when I cant see past the blackness * realise that the good as well as the bad bits in life make me what I am, its up to me how I deal with them, I can either be a victim or learn from it * dont worry what people think of me that dont matter, worry what my family and friends think * and laugh so hard my guts hurt every day !!

Update Reply
Nutkin68 @ 03/11/2007 05:06  

I have learnt life is too short to worry about it, so get out there have as much fun as you can handle, be thankful your alive and let tomorrow look after itself<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>And if you do get a broken heart along the way, trust me it will mend xxx

Update Reply
dragon @ 04/11/2007 07:16  

I've learned that no matter how much you love someone, you can't expect the same amount in return, the only love that is unconditional is from your children. No matter how low you feel, someone else is feeling the same, talk to each other and share your problems. Live to ride another day... you don't NEED to take that corner at 140mph!! (unless the red mist and voices told you to!!)

Update Reply
FlameRed @ 06/11/2007 02:41  

Ive learnt that however old you are you keep making the same old mistakes over and over again OR is it just me

Update Reply
lcotgrave @ 06/11/2007 14:32  

No lg mate it’s not just you <?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

Update Reply
dragon @ 06/11/2007 14:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email