MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Pick up a Pilly Day 2016

Pick up a Pilly Day 2016 (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Pick up a Pilly Day 2016 (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Pick up a Pilly Day 2016

Hi. If it's May i'm in the midlands and could make this. I'm a pilly looking for a seat. I've already met some of you at the Southern Softies xmas meal.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2016 13:15  

Hi yes dont worry we will sort you a rear seat out for the day I will put you down on the list for BJ. Looking forward to seeing you again.

Update Reply
JP @ 18/03/2016 14:02  

new to the site and hoping to attend events etc.
I am insured to carry pillion but as of yet have never done so.
Obviously i would like to and need the experience so would this be a good idea for me ?
Perhaps someone may want to volunteer on a layby for me to try it out in small runs etc to get experience etc
Your thoughts most welcome please

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2016 22:47  

Your best option is a light wight experienced pillion. If you find someone willing to jump on the back then you will not notice the extra wight on the bike and with there experience they will know what to expect and offer you advise. As for a layby I dont think that will help much you would be better off on a large super store car park when its quiet so you can make turns and and stop starts.
If you dont have any luck just load the bike up with camping gear and go for a ride to get use to the extra wight on the bike.

Update Reply
JP @ 19/03/2016 06:00  

Some good advice on carrying pillions here :

http://www.motorcyclenews.com/new-rider/2009/november/n...irst-time/

and plenty more here :

http://motorbikewriter.com/tips-for-pillion-riding/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2016 10:24  

Couple of points.

As JP says, light and experienced is always good. But if either of these are not available to you then first point is to be ready for the weight swing when they get on. A lot of bikes these days have high passenger pegs. so a lot of leverage all of a sudden. especially if your feet are in gravel like in a layby.

the second one is beware of pillys who take it upon themselves to lean round corners independently of the pilot. You will definately know when this happens. the first time they do it to you, you may mess your pants. depending on your entry speed.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 19/03/2016 12:10  

How does 'pilly day' actually work ? Do riders and new pillys sort themselves in advance or do the pillys line up and wait to be picked ... like in school.... Everyone hoping they're not the last one !!!
I am an experienced pilly so no probs with me trying to lean.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2016 15:36  

In the past BJ has sorted out Im expecting her to do the same again this year. As I haven't had much chance to speak to her about this years event Im presuming that you post yourself on the events page as requesting a pillion and if there is any left over BJ will sort out the last few. In 4 years we have never had a lack of seats.

Update Reply
JP @ 19/03/2016 16:00  

Not listed on events yet. I'm not sure if the date has been confirmed. I'll put my name down on event when it appears. I was with my ex for 2 years, we were all year round bikers, lived in Spain and had the bike with us, rode it there and back via France, lovely !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/03/2016 16:47  

Need date confirmed as will just be back from Ukraine. If available it will be a quick run out for me
My back seat is empty and I do not mind running with an inexperienced pilly. Makes driving the beast more fun

Update Reply
Dondon @ 20/03/2016 09:10  

I have been told that 15th may is the date unless that female mind is still changing

Update Reply
JP @ 20/03/2016 15:06  

As Mr Kens bike is off the road at present it looks like May will have to be it i am afraid ... will double check and post definate by weds at the latest

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/03/2016 20:01  

So we are looking at may then? Riding from bassets?

Update Reply
deano301 @ 23/03/2016 14:25  

Ok folks sorry to do this but, i can confirm that the date will definately now have to be 15th May due to possibly not having a bike in April lol ........... I will start a new thread with all the details, apologies to anybody who this affects that can no longer make it, unless of course somebody would like to take over the organising of the 24th April?

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/03/2016 14:54  

That the trouble with suspension rebuilds they take time and lots of bashed fingers. Should be better weather in may

Update Reply
JP @ 23/03/2016 14:57  

There's a bloke in Hollywood that services lawn mowers.
d'ya think he might be able to help?

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 24/03/2016 10:14  

Squashy .................. 'no ...its not a lawnmower' .... priceless lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 24/03/2016 10:24  

Voted "best reply in a telephone conversation ever" in a countrywide poll

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 24/03/2016 10:35  

Is anyone able to give me a pillion ride to this please? Send me a private message to discuss costs.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/03/2016 13:37  

Is anyone able to give me a pillion ride to this please? Send me a private message to discuss costs.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 26/03/2016 13:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email