MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Insuring your bike

Insuring your bike - Forums [Biker Match] Insuring your bike - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Insuring your bike

I've just come up against something i wasn't reall aware of untill now as my bikes are usually always insured or sorned.

Continuous insurance inforcement. Basically, if you tax your bike and keep it off road or in a garage not being used on road. it has to be insured even if you aren't using it. If its not insured then you have to sorn it. otherwise you are commitng an offence.

just in case i'm not the only donkey out there.

I haven't been done BTW

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 17/02/2016 18:30  

Did read it some where but I just tax and insure even if Im not using them

Update Reply
JP @ 17/02/2016 18:44  

Insurance was due on fj so thought i'd leave it untill i got the new bike in a month or so. It was already taxed so i just sorned the bike.
Thing wot iritates me though is when i spoke to MCE to tell them i wasn't renewing. They never said anything.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 17/02/2016 20:01  

Even if they did why would you believe anything an insurance company tells you lol

Update Reply
JP @ 17/02/2016 20:26  

It's been in force for about five years now, but they don't exactly shout it from the rooftops.

Update Reply
Wills @ 18/02/2016 00:43  

Another big brother move if you buy a new car or bike and change over your insurance you have to sorn the old one. If you want to sell the old vehicle it can not be road tested or even parked on the road until the new owner taxes and insures it.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 24/02/2016 20:39  

unless you have a multibike policy then you keep it taxed.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 24/02/2016 20:45  

I have all my cars and bikes on one policy but it cost adding and removing them and you have to re tax every time a vehicle changes ownership. I am not a vehicle trader but I have had a traders insurance before.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 24/02/2016 21:01  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email