MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Non Sports Bikes are boring

Non Sports Bikes are boring - Forums [Biker Match] Non Sports Bikes are boring - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Non Sports Bikes are boring

Ok so I read a thread by Gloom saying it was all not so interesting anymore.I test rode a BMW adventure a while back and when I returned I got told off by one of the staff. He said I rode off too fast and had burnt the clutch and now it would have to stand still for two hours to cool down!I wondered why anybody buys them if that's the case

Update Reply
Wizard FOTB @ 04/02/2016 21:10  

BMWs ... bleeeuuuggghhh lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/02/2016 21:23  

Its a shame Stuie. is a standard member atm, he would have loved to have told you about the test ride he did on a BMW (from Squires) ... suffice to say he was informed that he was going into the corners too fast and the pegs shouldn't be on the deck! Somehow I doubt he will be test riding any BMWs from Squires any time soon ... His card is well and truly marked!

I don't think the fact he jumped off the BMW upon returning to Squires, threw the keys at the demo guy and sprinted across to the ZX-12R to move it out of the rapidly flooding carpark.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 04/02/2016 21:41  

If I were told that I would have laughed and said I was going to buy 1 till you told me they have a weak clutch and walked away. As for sports bikes there great if you have a back that can be bent over double for hours on end lol

Update Reply
JP @ 04/02/2016 21:53  

BMW....say no more!

I'm too old and too tall to survive on a sports bike without my joints severely complaining. Love my Varadero, will give most sports bikes a damned good run in the twisties too. Even if they do eventually pull away, I'll not have aching wrists, back, knees etc to contend with at the next stop :-)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2016 10:18  

Sports bikes Hmmmm
I can get on them but need a couple of mates to lift me off and straighten me out after 10 minutes of riding. Give me a proper motorbike any day and not one of those plastic monstrosities.

Update Reply
Gloom @ 05/02/2016 10:28  

Must admit I also think sports bikes are awful plastic shite and would never ride one even if I was given one for free....

Although I dislike some makes of non-sports bikes purely for aesthetic reasons and performance, I wouldn't say that non-sports bikes are boring, just not some people's cups o tea that's all.

Gimme a wee ratty-looking, scruffy, 60mph topspeed Yam over bright sparkling plastic, higher speed and sore back ANYDAY X

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2016 11:13  

Hey I have one ( well two ) of those ratty looking , scruffy, top speed 60 Yams thank you Lulu :D

I would like a sporty- type bike, just for those odd occasions when feel a bit of a delinquent ,but probably more sports tourer

But prefer a BONNIE any day or an Enfield

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2016 11:43  

Not exactly a big sports bike but there's nothing to beat an RS 250 Aprilia in the fun riding stakes...especially with 28mpg and two stroke oil at 16 quid a litre...boring?...never..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 05/02/2016 12:00  

Yeah Feylin the wee rattys are the best aren't they? x

An Enfield or Matchless does come a close second tho'

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/02/2016 12:13  

I like my trike because i have short legs and i don't fall off and it's comfortable on long journeys plus it's got some umph if i need it.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 05/02/2016 12:25  

Roadtested a gixxer 750 a couple if month back.
Fekn awesome, even on B roads.
The only problem was that when both feet were on the pegs , my arse was 6inches above the seat.
It took a couple of mile before mi joints allowed mi bum to reach the seat lol.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 08/02/2016 17:19  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email