MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Favorite bike holiday, where and why ?.

Favorite bike holiday, where and why ?. - Forums [Biker Match] Favorite bike holiday, where and why ?. - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Favorite bike holiday, where and why ?.

As the title suggests where's been your most memorable bike jaunt ?.
I got a ferry over to Santander in Spain with a bunch of mates, rode over the Pyrenees, some truly amazing views and great roads............ with that crazy orange ball thing we see occasionally in the sky. Into Andorra...... it rained, my god it rained. Into and across France, stopped for loads of cakes at patisseries (french cakes are stunning) and ended up at Ypres in Belgium, attended the last post played at the Menin gate. Got the ferry back to Hull, what an absolute scream, such a laugh with a great bunch of mates.
The best 9 days I've spent on a bike................ whats yours.

Update Reply
Dave028 @ 08/01/2016 18:34  

Can't choose, can't beat a road trip

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 08/01/2016 20:21  

the one I'm planning?

make that ones, plural - possibly a weekend jolly with the Borders crew, definitely a Perthshire Easter break with the girls, and in my dreams - a summer trip to the continent ; ONLY need those few number to come up - it's not much to ask really.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 09/01/2016 22:45  

Best biking holiday I ever had was the Isle of Arran and the Isle of Skye. Fantastic weather, great malt whiskies and the locals were ahem, most accommodating....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 10/01/2016 14:20  

I like riding in Scotland, some belting roads and amazing views, I've always got soaked up there though.. Had four days last summer in Fort William., it rained every day.

Update Reply
Dave028 @ 10/01/2016 21:53  

Well my fave holiday was to Arizona and all around Nevada and Utah visiting Monument Valley and various other fab places, we did it in a car road trip so am planning on doing it on a bike one next year, dreading the sore butt tho' as we did 5000 miles last time

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2016 17:40  

Solo trip many years ago, bought an island-hopping ticket and just wandered up the western isles, Barra, the Uists, Harris and Lewis, Skye, Mull...the weather held out, just went where I pleased.
Main lesson learned was not to take a big tourer through soft sand!

Update Reply
Wills @ 11/01/2016 19:24  

Hi all, I'm currently going all round the uk coast, not done the euro side yet but looking forward to it one day, the next leg of my trip is devon an cornwall, great places

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2016 17:52  

Loads of them but the first BM Scotland gig, The Prequel, has got to be up there with the best.
Riding out of Durham, bike loaded for a weeks camping, with everyone else communting the other way to work.
A brilliant feeling!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/01/2016 20:26  

Kingy you must be freezing in this weather! Good luck to you on your travels and ride safe

Some great ideas here for my solo future ventures riding (if I dare!)

Brilliant hearing of everyone's experiences....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 12/01/2016 21:49  

Always used to enjoy a good camping tour down the west coast of France.
Then I discovered Germany. Bliss . Gotta be the cleanest country on the planet. Lovely campsites, big beer glasses.
Really lovely people the Germans.
It's a shame Adolf got too big for his boots and tried to take out Uncle Joe. I think our roads would have been better maintained under Adolf.
Although I think I would miss all of our multicultural citizens. I mean, white is alright but a bit of colour is better. Not as bland.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 16/01/2016 01:33  

Germany is a stunning country, couldn't agree more with all in the above post. The roads surrounding the Nurburgring are better than the ring itself. I'd really like to do the B500 Baden Baden Road.
I also rode over the Pyrenees from Santander, some stunning roads and scenery.

Update Reply
Dave028 @ 17/01/2016 21:55  

The B99 from Salzburg down to Faakersee Austria is biking heaven , a road I hope to revisit

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 17/01/2016 22:14  

Ireland because it as my first and so far only big trip! Lots more please .

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 18/01/2016 16:20  

I'm going with some mates to Ireland in May, we're all staying in County Clare. I've never ridden in Ireland, looking forward to it.

Update Reply
Dave028 @ 18/01/2016 22:19  

Ireland is great, though it was a tad expensive there

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 18/01/2016 23:27  

Can't beat Scotland but I play here all year

My fave is arriving in France ready for 10 days of fun. This year I'm taking two tours to Alps and one trip to pastures new.

The BM Euro run will be down to the Med via Grenoble to Nice then looping back around to Stelvio, Black forest, Rhine, Nurburgring and home :D

I think my fave was 23 BM folk to Germany as was best part of a mile off bikes and we had a riot .

Update Reply
madscots @ 18/01/2016 23:33  

Sounds a cool trip Madscots, not the funds for a euro trip this year but possibility of another trip upto your homeland this summer

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 18/01/2016 23:40  

Been up to Scotland few times on family hols. Awesome roads and scenery- need to plan a bike tour:-)

Update Reply
lycan3 @ 11/02/2016 21:43  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email