MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

france 2016

france 2016 - Forums [Biker Match] france 2016 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

france 2016

Trip to rhone alps Tuesday 8am 29th march till Thursday 7th aprilstaying in Jongieux france .5bed house sleeps 11 people.daily ride outs and lots of sights and very good roads.plan is to get tunnel train at 8am Tuesday and riding to either Dijon, Troyes or somewhere on way for an overnight stop.then on to booked accomadation at Jongieux staying there until 6/04/2016 then a ride back to Calais maybe with an overnight stop .this can all change to suit your preferences,ie how far we go on first day and where we stop.lots of no hassle sightseeing and no mad rush to get anywhere.NO ONE will be left behind,,its on events.Train will be booked by your self ,07.50 on 29/03/2016 and rtn for 7th april 16.20 at moment this cost is £77.00.as for day trips its up to you my job is to book accomadation and get you there and back

Update Reply
stutts @ 30/12/2015 17:27  

Your booking at La Maison des Vignes Booking number: 489312280 PIN code: 9590 Keeping your information safe
Your Booking number and PIN code can be used to verify your identity when contacting our Customer Service department." data-width="350"> <svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" class="mb-hotel-info__photo-blur"><image class="mb-hotel-info__photo-blur__img" style="filter: url("#mb-blur");" x="0" y="0" width="840" height="460" xmlns:xlink="http://www.w3.org/1999/xlink" xlink:href="https://q-ec.bstatic.com/images/hotel/840x460/540/54037511.jpg" /> <filter id="mb-blur"><feGaussianBlur stdDeviation="13"...ns Phone: +33662708079
Email...rty
View policies Check-in 30 Mar 2016 Wednesday 15:00 - 20:30 Check-out 6 Apr 2016 Wednesday 07:00 - 10:30 7 nights, 1 room
Price £1,158 € 1,570 More Add to Outlook/iCal Add to Google calendar It costs € 0 to cancel this booking within:

Update Reply
stutts @ 30/12/2015 17:38  

If it's your job to book accommodationand to get us there and back.
does that mean I won't be leading for a change?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 30/12/2015 17:47  

you no if I go at front I get told off .
I go at back and make sure we all get there.

Update Reply
stutts @ 30/12/2015 18:04  

That's an early tour for the Alpine passes so folks need to keep an eye on the weather forecasts for this trip

I'm doing route de Napoleon next year as a change for my BM Euro run. I plan on keeping away from Alps until later in the year also so can run over Stelvio again with a second tour group (did it twice this year).

Update Reply
madscots @ 31/12/2015 18:03  

Just letting anyone who wants to join us, we are booking the 7-50 train out not the 5-50 train that's on the events page.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 01/01/2016 22:12  

The most on this trip is 11 people only two left ,

Update Reply
stutts @ 01/01/2016 22:40  

Well that has to be Mark and Julie.
Hang on I think I saw a pig fly past.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 01/01/2016 23:53  

Hi guys, checked at work and this clashes with the skiing trip already booked by the boss, so no chance of me getting the time off :-(

Bit of a pi$$3r as both Jackie and I fancied this. Oh well, maybe next year.....

Update Reply
Scorpio54 @ 02/01/2016 22:00  

Ho no a week without big sis. how will i make it though the week without beer or bikes. I don't know what week I mean but it ain't this one.

Lets all have a disco, Lets all have a disco,

Really sorry you can't make it Ken & BJ.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 03/01/2016 00:04  

They will be skiing on their bikes also lol

Update Reply
madscots @ 03/01/2016 23:04  

Hey Bro we have our pensioner party to sort out lol

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 04/01/2016 11:19  

sorry were not going skiing,were staying at annecey more chance of snow in spain .

Update Reply
stutts @ 04/01/2016 18:30  

Stutts, can't make tours as early as March as moving house then but definitely keeping an eye out for yourself and madscots runs. Stevio.... Ideas for new bigger bike in new year once house sorted?. Speaking of which what is a firestorm like. Only guy I know who had one said it was the best fun he had with all his clothes on but really thirsty with small tank? Interested to know...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/01/2016 19:15  

http://www.holiday-weather.com/annecy/averages/

More needing to wrap up than ski (hence my earlier comment about keeping an eye on weather) .

Update Reply
madscots @ 04/01/2016 20:00  

hi bmw bloke ,yes keep you eyes open am doing a trip to loire valley later in year ,
had a firestorm 3 years ago not good for long runs as tank was so small,the most I got from a tank was 112 miles

Update Reply
stutts @ 04/01/2016 20:03  

thanks for the heads up. appreciated!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/01/2016 00:20  

snowmobile retracked and little casters fitted to front skies and pollished
touring tank fitted
go anywhere now
its time to play
and its quaker green

Update Reply
havfun @ 05/01/2016 13:59  

Im sure you will have seen this or know about it but just in case.
Law changes in France from Jan 2016

HomeChecklist FAQ's Products Places To Stay Useful Links Car Hire France Ferry to France Contact Us Blog Motorcycling in France
New laws have come into force for motorcyclists and scooter riders regarding the requirement to carry a fluorescent hi viz vest or jacket while riding in France. (From January 2016) The new €11 fine applies if you get spot checked by police and you don’t have one with you, though the fine is €135 if you are caught not wearing it at the roadside (or on the hard shoulder) in the event of an emergency due to an accident, flat tyre or breakdown. The introduction of the fine has come into force following yet more poor figures on the number of road deaths in France. Image Via: Pinterest
Finally a Decision It seems to have taken an age to finally implement this law as it was originally talked about seven or eight years ago. It was up until recently a classic case of “we used to be indecisive but now we’re not so sure” from the French government. Originally the (former) French Interior Minister, Claude Guéant, wanted to bring this in however under pressure from the French motorcyclist’s pressure group (FFMC – French Federation of Angry Bikers), he backed down. Motorcycling in France Requirements Spare bulbs, along with the Hi Viz and Breathalysers but I personally don’t take breathalysers any-more because there is no longer fine for not carrying them. Though they are still listed as a legal requirement by the French authorities. Read all about the back story to the breathalyser rules and my opinion on it here. Breathalysers do you need them? You also should have reflective stickers for your helmet in four places - one on the front, one at the back and one on each side. They must be fitted in a way that t does not hinder the opening/closing visor of your helmet. (Some helmets have them fitted as standard) Stickers must have a minimum surface area of 18cm2. You can buy top quality stickers from us here. Motorcycle Helmet Stickers for France. Also the new rules state that wearing gloves for motorcyclists will be a mandatory requirement, though I would guess that most serious riders would be wearing gloves these days without it being compulsory. If you want to purchase any/all the items you need see the requirements page here. See also this new Motorcycling legislation about riding in-between lanes of stationary traffic in France. People have always done it but it looks like they might finally make it legal. Headlights It is compulsory for dipped headlamps to be used day and night and although they are for cars if you get a set of headlamp converters they will do the job of preventing you from dazzling oncoming drivers. Headlamp Converters for France. They only come with fitting instructions for cars but you should be able to work it out, and you'll get 2 in the pack so if you mess up the first attempt you 'll at least have a spare. Tips for Motorcycle Holidays Motorcycle holidays through France can be terrific and many people enjoy the thrill of biking through some of the great French countryside which has fantastic scenery, quiet roads and friendly locals who generally like bikes and bikers more than the UK do. Priorité à droite As a motorcycle rider you will be used to people pulling out without seeing you but in France they may have seen you but be driving under a very old system known as ‘Priorité à droite’. So read about it here and make a note of the signs because people will pull out from side roads onto the main carriageway without warning. Details of other important French Road signs can be found here. Rules for Riding in France Ride on the right! Sounds daft but you’d be amazed how many forget that small fact. It’s not usually when you first get there as you are always concentrating then, it’s when you have been there 3 or 4 days and slip into autopilot mode. Ducatis on France’s Cote d’Azur, Image Via Pinterest
Routes and Where to Stay Some of the very best routes around France are the minor roads and of course this will save you going through so many toll booths. Many motorbike forums and magazines offer inspired choices for routes from the well-travelled so I certainly suggest some research prior to setting off! Choose motorcycle friendly accommodation if possible, preferably where you can get advice on routes etc. Finally I work very hard on this website! Can you do me a quick favour in return for providing this free information? I'd really be grateful if you told Twitter, Facebook or Google + that you appreciate my efforts!

Author: Dave G Follow us on: Twitter Like us on: Facebook Follow us on: Pinterest

Update Reply
JP @ 05/01/2016 21:19  

ONLY TWO PLACES LEFT COME ON JOIN IN >>>>>>

Update Reply
stutts @ 06/01/2016 22:00  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email