MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Echo in chat

Echo in chat - Forums [Biker Match] Echo in chat - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Echo in chat

Matt Is there a solution to the echo/repeating lines in chat? Is it a website thing or is it something bmers need to do/stop doing? Ta RB

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/12/2015 21:56  

I think its defo summat to do with what peeps are doing, rather than a problem with the site. Its the same few individuals that it occurs with.

I have on occasion left a window open on my fone when leaving chat and upon re-entering, my last comment has been resent. Dont know if thats the answer, but i now make sure i have closed all windows as i leave the site.

Chat seems to have died a death, only very recently (over the crimbo hols) has it picked up a little. I would imagine the fact that several messages appearing time n time again would and is a little off putting for those who may possibly consider using chat. Perhaps im wrong, only my opinion peeps.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 27/12/2015 19:53  

Nope GNBP, you're spot on - at least in my humble opinion.

What say we meet up for a chat laters? - I've missed our old lunchtimes.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 28/12/2015 15:43  

I don't know about the open windows on phones thing as my own phone is a dinosaur and only phones and texts ....imagine that!!!

But, I do know that due to the constant echoes of sentences from what seems to be the same sources, that I've stopped using chat, as it's confusing and a waste of time not knowing if anyone is in or not......and, by not using chat, I'm not coming onto, and using, the site as much.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/12/2015 15:53  

What a good idea Izz-ster, name a day n a time, ya neva know might even get PB n RB in there if ya lucky, as well as some other peeps!

Seems that a lot of peeps are (sadly) doing the same PB ... Oh for the days of yore ....

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/12/2015 16:56  

Sorry, Matt went slightly off track on this thread (oops) any ideas/solution to the query raised by RowanBlossom?

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 30/12/2015 08:56  

I've no idea what's causing it, but i can assure you it isn't the server.

I can fix it though by telling the server to delete any message from any member if their last message was identical. I'll get onto it.

Additionally.... I'm planning to make a new chatroom, whereby everyone is automatically logged in. So the chat will just run alongside everyone's window and anyone can chip-in whenever they want to.

Update Reply
Matt @ 31/12/2015 15:06  

oooh, get you, dead swish eh?!

I cant wait for 'normality' (I use the terms very loosely of course :)!) in chat, instead of insane repeating.

We might actually get people returning to the room complete with Mr Puddy Tat (who seems to have disappeared) and of course KayCat's 'ToyBox'... YIPPEE!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/12/2015 16:51  

sounds like youv got that other box of tricks from paul danials for xmass

Update Reply
havfun @ 31/12/2015 16:54  

Thanks Matt, that sounds a good way to sort it!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/01/2016 10:36  

It would be nice to see chat scrolling live without having to refresh the main site, but it's not rocket science to enter and chip-in if you want, but I like to know who's actually in chat.

Not sure how that could be got around - if you stopped the auto-logout when inactive at least you could see who was theoretically around or lurking.

IMHO, the problem is folk who never log out.
Perhaps I should be brave enough to politely ask them to bugger off, err I mean to log out properly?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 05/01/2016 12:54  

Matt any update?

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/01/2016 18:03  

Guess you are still working on this one Matt?

Repeating is still occuring...

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/02/2016 21:03  

I don't think it is a site problem GBNP, more of a device error.

Update Reply
Double six @ 24/02/2016 23:39  

Either that or the operator; i know i had an issue (as outlined above) and resolved it by ensuring that i closed all windows on phone as i left site. That way when i came back in there is no chance of resending the same message. It worked a treat, all i have to do now is stop my fat fingers hitting the wrong buttons! Lol

Anyhoo; I was hoping that Matt was near to completing work on his 'fix' above; 'by telling the server to delete any message from any member if their last message was identical'

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 25/02/2016 07:38  

Looks like the echo has been fixed, (well I haven't seen it occurring for couple days now in chat anyway!) thank you Matt

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 15/03/2016 09:48  

Hmmm, spoke too soon, its back.... same person so its gotta be something they are doing... ah well never mind x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2016 19:16  

Strange 'echo' when the 2nd line pops up hours later

And only happens to the one person!

Update Reply
old red @ 18/03/2016 22:34  

True, Old Red, tonight I saw a line repeated from 48 hours ago from same person!!!! I had to look twice to make sure I was really seeing it! Must be summat they are doing or their phone/pc is doing it....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/03/2016 22:44  

Attention seeking maybe?

I have stopped using chat as it makes it hard to use if this abuse is happening

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/05/2016 00:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email