MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What's your favourite roads

What's your favourite roads - Forums [Biker Match] What's your favourite roads - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What's your favourite roads

The nearest favourite for me is the Strines road from Midhopestones to the A57 above ladybower, the last uphill hairpin towards the S Yorks end is a belter.

Update Reply
spareman @ 13/12/2015 16:07  

I love the run from Birmingham through Balsall Common - Hatton - out past Wellesbourne and down the Fosse way through Moreton in the Marsh and on to Bourton on the Water. Obviously consists of tea/cakes/fish and chips.

Also the Stokesley - Helmsley run (which I wish I was better at)

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 14/12/2015 18:26  

A861, off the Corran ferry, turn left, pull pin :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/12/2015 19:15  

B5105 from Ruthin to Cerrigydrudion. Nice twisty(ish) high-level route, but beware of farming crud on the road, and lose it on a bend and you'll be arguing with a dry stone wall at the western end :(

A49 from Tarporley to Shrewsbury and beyond. Classic A-road, enough bends to keep you awake without scaring you. A couple of cameras at the northern end near Spurstow that will only catch a south-bound bike, and a bacon butty and a brew at the Raven near Whitchurch.

Update Reply
Wills @ 14/12/2015 22:06  

A683 Kirby Lonsdale to Sedbergh,A684 Sedbergh to Hawes,B6255 Hawes to Ribblehead,B6479 Ribblehead to Settle.....and then home from Settle via the A682 and Barrowford..

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 15/12/2015 18:39  

The journey I take through to the Norfolk coast from home:
A505 Baldock to Royston, A10 north to Cambridge, out the top of Cambridge by the airport, picking up the B1102 from Stow cum Quy all the way to Mildenhall. After a quick break at Walkers Cafe by the Barton Mills interchange it`s a blast up the A1065 past Lakenheath air base, through Brandon & Mundford & turning right on the B1108 to Watton.
Then it`s right on the A1075 to Dereham to fight your way through the traffic to the north side where I turn on to the B1147 through Swanton Morley to Bawdeswell. From there it`s a change to the B1145 through Reepham, Cawston, Aylesham & on to North Walsham and finally on to the tiny coastal village of Mundesley on Sea.
Fab ride, recommended to anyone.

Update Reply
Wraith750 @ 15/12/2015 19:15  

Fort William to Skye as it's the best road in Europe for a proper run with everything a biker would like.

I spend most of my year riding in Europe and always happy to come home to the best roads. I agree with most of the guys on the roads they picked but ours are empty ;)

Update Reply
madscots @ 15/12/2015 20:56  

the road from work to home should be the best of all

Update Reply
havfun @ 16/12/2015 05:33  

My favourite road would be the one with no lumps, bumps, pot holes or with bits missing

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 16/12/2015 10:57  

Fort William to Skye is truly excellent,only problem is the 6 hour trip to get there....and I'd also say the road to Fort William from the Green Welly is just as good...

Update Reply
Triple955 @ 16/12/2015 19:03  

A40 Trecastle to Llandovery for a quick blast close to home...wonderful twisties through the trees.....

A470 Rhayader to Llanguirig to Dolgellau or left onto the A44 to Aberystwyth....fast sweeping A roads with elevation and fantastic views.....

Best B road is the B4518 from Rhayader up through the Élan Valley and over the roof of Wales known as the mountain road to Aberystwyth...this is Vtwin heaven...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2015 08:13  

defo a82 to a87. fort william to uig on skye, stunning road in good condition as well but any does when its sunny.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/12/2015 14:39  

The road from the bridge to Portree always makes me giggle.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 19/12/2015 22:08  

Locally to me, the road over over Buttertubs pass. Cant believe I'm actually agreeing with Jeremy Clarkson there!!!!

Update Reply
centurion @ 27/12/2015 14:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email