MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

What Was Your Favourite/ Least Liked Programme As A Kid?

What Was Your Favourite/ Least Liked Programme As A Kid? - Forums [Biker Match] What Was Your Favourite/ Least Liked Programme As A Kid? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

What Was Your Favourite/ Least Liked Programme As A Kid?

Well My Favorite was the Magic roundabout it was fab another one of my favorites was Folly foot and black beauty (i don't mind admitting to it)also the Mr Men fab ha ha least favorite was Captain Scarlet i hated it.

Update Reply
Roughrider02 @ 21/11/2015 23:59  

My fave was a programme called 'Vision On' for deaf and hard of hearing kids. I liked The Woodentops too lol.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 22/11/2015 11:07  

My favourite was 'Go with Noakes', anybody else remember that? I think that's where I got my taste for exploring....
Oh and I loved Captain Scarlet/Thunderbirds/Joe 90 too....

HATED Rentaghost!!!! Lol!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/11/2015 11:24  

Thats a hard one but got me thinking does anybody remember Motor Mouse and Auto cat

Update Reply
JP @ 22/11/2015 12:28  

This Biker site is getting more weird as the weeks go by.

,best program by far was Tom and Jerry.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/11/2015 18:47  

My main recollection as a young child in the 50s was radio. My favourite programmes were the comedy shows on Sunday lunchtimes, particularly The Navy Lark and Beyond Our Ken. I really disliked 'Uncle Mac' in Children's Favourites. What an irritating old misery he was.

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 23/11/2015 13:49  

Same here...my parents were a bit old-fashioned and didn't get a TV until I was in my mid-teens, so I was brought up on the radio.
Didn't like Uncle Mac much myself either.
I caught up with all the kids TV shows when I had my own family. But that's another tale!

Update Reply
Wills @ 24/11/2015 00:12  

Does anyone know if there was a TV licence in the 50s, and if so, how much it cost?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 24/11/2015 12:21  

from Wikipedia

BBC [ edit]
At the instigation of the Post Office, the British Broadcasting Company was established in October 1922 by a group of radio manufacturers to produce radio programmes for the users of their products. Initially the broadcasts were funded by the sale of radio receiving sets, and carried sponsored programmes.
As part of the agreement with the Post Office, the Postmaster General started to apply a condition to broadcast receiving licences that the equipment used be "Type Approved by Postmaster General" and marked with the BBC logo.
Initially, the fee for receiving licences was 10 shillings, and remained at that rate until after the Second World War.
With the forming of the public British Broadcasting Corporation<...ion in 1927, the Post Office dedicated nearly the entirety of licence fee income to the funding of the BBC. Television [ edit]
The standard broadcast receiving licences covered reception of the BBC's 405-line television service between November 1936 and September 1939 at no additional cost.
The outbreak of the Second World War in 1939 led to the suspension of television broadcasts in the UK.
The television licence was introduced in June 1946 to coincide with the post-war resumption of the BBC service the same month. Television licences always included a licence to receive radio broadcasts.
From 1971, only the reception of television transmissions required a licence, and radio-only licences ceased to be issued

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/11/2015 14:03  

Favourite programme/s were White Horses, Lizzie Dripping, The Herbs, and The Flashing Blade :)
Can't think of any I disliked.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/11/2015 14:02  

dr who all the way yea

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/11/2015 20:57  

Faves were magic roundabout, black beauty, white horses, play away!! Prob loads of others lol

Least fave was any news.....funny enough I never watch news now either lol, bur I hardly watch telly to be honest

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2015 15:47  

Ohhh yessss Dr who.... But that was when I was bit older than play Away days pmsl :-P

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/11/2015 15:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email