MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wink ;)

Wink ;) (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Wink ;) (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wink ;)

I'd say its fine if someone has obviously got to "know" someone. For example, if RC sent BP her addy then it would make sense. But when someone sends out 200 messages (inappropriate considering the people being sent them and the person sending) with their email address in begging people to email them, then it causes problems. It gets sent to me though if theres an email address in it - then I just check who its from/to etc and make an educated decision as to whether to leave it there or not

Update Reply
Matt @ 27/09/2006 13:39  

i think you are being v responsible matt and covering your back and ours from insidious shites with their own agendas!!!!!!!!!! you got my vote!!!!!!

Update Reply
kay @ 27/09/2006 17:27  

Matt, I think the reason you keep getting asked 'why is it banned' is cos it's not banned on any other site, not via e-mail, not that I've experienced anyway. Adding ones own e-mail address to ones profile is usually banned, on almost every site, but I've never known members being banned from sending it via e-mail. If someone I don't know, or haven't had any interaction with on here, sent me their e-mail address I would probably ignore it, as I do with any unsolicited mail my e-mail address gets. Aren't we allowed to decide for ourselves who to reply to? Although I do agree, at 99p it's hardly going to bankrupt people to join and send as many messages as they like to other members. Hell! I'm unsalaried but I manage to scrape it together.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 27/09/2006 20:30  

Was always allowed until that shit came along and sent 200 PMs out! All the same. Was basically... "Hi, im 40 years younger than you, and my profile pic is clearly of a model, but im really interested in you. So please dont reply here, but email me at .... " You wont believe how many people actually tried, cos I checked the PMs being sent back. You wont believe this, but they were along the lines of... "Ive tried to email that address but got errors back, must be a problem. However, here is mine...." Honestly, some people who have little experience on the internet do need protecting by people like me who develop websites. And besides, if them 200 people had just have emailed back instead of PMing back, then it would have robbed me out of £200! Hardly fair on me really.

Update Reply
Matt @ 28/09/2006 15:17  

Couldn't agree with you more. You've put a lot of time and effort into this project and you deserve to get your dues mate.

Update Reply
Di @ 28/09/2006 15:23  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email