MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Wink ;)

Wink ;) - Forums [Biker Match] Wink ;) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Wink ;)

Why do you send a 'wink'? (on here I mean) I'm curious cos on another site it was a 'kiss' and, when asked, folk gave an assortment of reasons for sending one, including.. just to say 'hi'. No confusion there then eh? lol

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2006 06:48  

People send them for several reasons;

Just to say hi.
Maybe they not sure what to say in a PM/Email.
Don't want to seem pushy.
Don't want to embarrass themselves.
Maybe not able to send PM/Email so send one in the hope you'll send them a PM/Email with your email addy in.

There are prolly other reasons but these are some of the reasons I send winks to people.

Update Reply
Moxey77 @ 25/09/2006 06:55  

Not at all sure why I do it. Hopefully it makes the person receiving it feel good. I doubt that I will ever meet any one I send winks to in the flesh as it were. here have a wink or two lol

Update Reply
rubecula @ 25/09/2006 07:00  

Your reply echoes what I said, that a wink is sent for many reasons and therefore causes confusion. Obviously if folk can't send a mail message I can see why they'd send a wink, so that the recipient will contact them but what's the point if they can't reply? If they can't pay 99p to join, well... lol As for e-mail addy, the rules of this site state you're not supposed to do that. When I was trying out how things worked I clicked on the send mail and it stated not to add e-mail addy, which made me think, does admin read our mail?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2006 07:05  

rubecula: And men say women are hard to understand! lol Personally I just find a wink confusing and wonder WHY they sent it. A message is by far less confusing, well it it is if the sender states why he sent it.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2006 07:09  

If it feels good .... do it lol

Update Reply
rubecula @ 25/09/2006 07:13  

You can FEEL things on your computer? Wheredya buy it?, I want one

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2006 07:21  

Last time I felt something on a computer was when I dropped it on my foot.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 25/09/2006 07:23  

Now be honest, you were givin' it the boot weren't ya?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2006 07:25  

Well..... there was some swearing involved, that's true. I had to pack it away so the guest room was free for my dad to stay for the week.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 25/09/2006 07:28  

Sod that! I'd have made him sleep with the dog. No 'puter for a WEEK??

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2006 07:31  

Yeah I have severe withdrawal symptoms..... thats why I have been on all morning. Pity I have to go to work today

Update Reply
rubecula @ 25/09/2006 07:33  

Ah, ya wouldn't say that if ya were unemployed. Have a stress-free day, rubecula, catch you L8R A J

Update Reply
Sandi @ 25/09/2006 07:35  

You too AJ, bet there is a weeks worth of work for me to catch up on...... if I feel like it Ok gotta go and fix some planes see ya l8er

Update Reply
rubecula @ 25/09/2006 07:37  

Or it could be ur the winkest-link goodbye i no bad joke lol

Update Reply
RC @ 25/09/2006 13:37  

Regarding winks - sending winks in a PM can now result in a ban! I have a script, that when you send a PM it scans it for email addresses. If theres an email address style link there, then it DOES allow the PM to be sent but it sends me a copy to see why you were sending it with your email address. If it is to maliciously collect email addresses.... then you will be banned. You will be banned unless I see good reason in the PM not to ban you. Put simply - a malicious user a while back sent 200 private messages... all the same text. Basically, this PM asked for people to "email .... if they were interested". When people sent this address an email, they were adding to hundreds of spam lists. As it then looks as though my website has caused this, and I do not want to be taken to court because ive not protected my members, then SENDING EMAIL ADDRESSES IN PRIVATE MESSAGES IS TOTALLY BANNED! I hope you will all understand this is for your own protection. Sending winks should not be used to get people to send you their email address just because your too tight to pay 99p either! This website costs me a fortune to run, and has cost £3,000 so far in advertising. Anyone who wants to CON ME PERSONALLY out of 99p can leave the site as far as I'm concerned - it's no loss to me either way is it? Hehe Sorry for going on, but I keep getting emailed this same question and it's doing my head in "Why's it banned, why's is banned" ARRRRGHHHH!!!!

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/09/2006 16:33  

PS: See section 4 here... http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/b...asp

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/09/2006 16:34  

Chill me old buddy..

Update Reply
mozie @ 26/09/2006 12:21  

Dont know the meaning of the word unfortunately

Update Reply
Matt @ 26/09/2006 16:40  

What happens if you send someone elses e-mail address? pmsl Only joking mate. Anyone needs an e-mail address then I am sure that you will act as third party where required. It could be easily arranged.

Update Reply
rubecula @ 27/09/2006 05:10  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email