MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Newbies Forum

Man on a mission!

Man on a mission! (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Man on a mission! (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Newbies Forum /

Man on a mission!

Well what a difference a day makes . The sun shone today for the first time since I left the coast last week and although the roads were wet and sloppy it was a joy to be on a bike. I only had 120 miles to do to Santander so I set the sat back to back roads only and had a fantastic ride through the picos mountains . Would have been awesome with dry roads but hey ho , I was gappy to take sunshine and wet roads. Some very tight twisty corners though that could very easily catch you out. I just took my time and stopped several times to take photos and drink coffee . I am in the beautiful seaside town of Santander tonight . Yes I know it is a port but it is also a very beautiful old town . Quite cosmopolitan actually , I went in a couple of shops in town and the cheapest trainers were 120 euros ?? . In case you were wondering I melted my trainers in front of the log burner in Portugal after getting them soaked running into town on the bike. ??
I have posted pictures in my profile . Best I can do . Cheers . David

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2015 18:59  

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2015 19:33  

Thanks Mike !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/10/2015 21:15  

Ok so I stopped in Santander on Tuesday night . Nice hotel next to the sea. Had a wander around the local bars and had a few beers. Still not got the hang of ordering food though, I keep getting that wrong. I thought I ordered a cheese and tomato toastie and ended up with a plate of tomatoes with olive oil on ????
I actually think I have lost a few pounds on this trip which can't be a bad thing. I had a wander into the mountains yesterday and even turned my sat mac off for a few hours. Oh yes did I tell you I bought a sat nav ?
Only an idiot would come here without one . I know !!!
So I came back to the biker friendly English speaking hotel in somo where I spent my first night and today I am back to Bikbao for the ferry. I will take the back roads to kill a bit of time . I will post more pictures in my profile for you.
Bye for now
David

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/10/2015 08:58  

Did you invest in €120 trainers or just stick with bike boots?

Safe travels back.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 29/10/2015 14:03  

I found a supermarket Izzy and got some trainers for 15 euros !!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/10/2015 07:48  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email