MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

dvla

dvla (2) - Forums [Biker Match] dvla (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

dvla

Bit of separate advice her for everyone, if you're thinking of SORN a vehicle. Especially if you've read the link page above.

Always triple check you've type your email address in correctly, to be sure you'll get something back.

Don't rely on putting your email address and waiting for a confirmation email back from them as being proof.

You can print off each of the pages on the DVLA site once you've entered your details, and if your printer is set to print off footers and headers of the pages so there'll be on your copies which should include web address and date page viewed.

If you don't have a working printer, then use your "Print Screen" key on each electronic page then go to 'Paint' on your PC (if it's windows based) and use the paste function and save as SORN page 1..., then next page SORN 2, etc (for example) and when you can get the pages printed off at a later date..

I personally do this way (print off hard copies) for everything; SORN, vehicle tax, insurance etc.

"Paronoid" . Yes I probably am, but I know what the likes of DVLA and insurance companies are like through personal experience, so that's why I take steps to show I've done 'my bit' . And I wouldn't go down without a fight!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/10/2015 15:20  

yes I agree

HOWEVER IT IS A LEGAL REQUIREMENT TO INSURE YOUR VEHICLE,,,,, NOT TO INFORM THE DVLA OR THE POLICE OR THE MIDATABASE THAT YOU HAVE INSURED IT

Update Reply
stutts @ 02/10/2015 22:32  

latest from the dvla,,,,
received a letter saying they wanted more proof???idiots so I got pissed off and sent them another invoice and after seven days put a claim on the dvla in court,
two weeks later an apology letter from dvla they have now passed it to their compensation and process standards team ,
told them I don't care see you in court ,I will after having paid the court fees follow this all the way
will let you know the outcome

Update Reply
stutts @ 28/11/2015 19:22  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email