MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

MCN Live Skegness

MCN Live Skegness (3) - Forums [Biker Match] MCN Live Skegness (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

MCN Live Skegness

Yes Old Un such a fab description as well :)

If any new folk are attending and they want a contact number to find out where folks are just pm me :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 23/03/2016 11:09  

This years band line up is Featuring: Go West ... Doctor and the Medics ... Mercury ... Antarctic Monkeys ... Green Date ... Complete Madness ... Boomin ... The Steve Ferringo Band ... Go West
Go West is an English pop duo, formed in 1982, by lead vocalist/drummer Peter Cox and guitarist/vocalist Richard Drummie. While they have had many successful singles in their native United Kingdom, they are generally best known in the United States for their hits "King of Wishful Thinking" and "Faithful".

The band's debut single, "We Close Our Eyes", was released in 1985 and managed to reach Number 5 on the UK Singles Chart and were voted the "Best Newcomers" at the 1986 Brit Awards. With other hits such as "King of Wishful Thinking" and "Don't Look Down" Go West will undoubtably bring out your 80's disco moves.

Doctor and the Medics
Dr and the Medics were created almost at the dawn of the 80’s, in 1982 by The Rev Dr. Clive Thomas Jackson.
The band has had a very colourful and successful career as both recording artists and performers. Undoubtedly they are been best known for their massive 1986 No 1 “Spirit in the Sky,” which sold over 24 Million copies world wide and was number 1 in 23 countries!! They are also recognized as a great live act, in 1985 the NME referred to them as “THE live band of the year.”
Don't miss this great perfomacance at MCNLive! and we guarantee you will return home with a smile on your face.

Mercury
WINNERS OF THE NATIONAL UK TRIBUTE AWARDS 2013
Over 15 years on tour, Mercury is now established as one of the world's most authentic tributes to Freddie Mercury and Queen. With a dynamic stage show that fully emulates the true charismatic appeal of rock's most flamboyant front man backed up by superbly crafted harmonies and intricate guitar work, Mercury faithfully and accurately recreate the distinctive Queen experience.
Mercury was formed in 1998 and since then has gone on to play theatres, festivals and high profile shows across the UK and Europe – from Holland to Hungary and from Majorca through to the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff.

Antarctic Monkeys
Formed in March 2006 from a jamming session, the Antarctic Monkeys became a phenomenon in their own right, travelling the UK and Europe with numerous tours. The demand is now more than ever.
Firmly established on the tribute scene, their live show has the power, passion and the creative edge to whip audiences into a frenzy when delivering the powerful tunes of the Arctic Monkeys as the way they should be.
Rarely is there a tribute band that can rival the original yet these 4 lads mimic Turner, Cook, O'Mally and Helders style perfectly.

Green Date
The formation of Green Date pre-dates the world shaking arrival of the album “American Idiot” and the never-to-be-forgotten “Bullet In A Bible” tour. In that time Green Date has grown from strength to strength, performing their own mammoth gigs up to two and half hours in length. Based in Nottinghamshire, Green Date are one of the finest tribute bands, displaying their talents to fans across the four corners of the British Isles and further afield into mainland Europe and Las Vegas, Nevada of which 50,000 Green Day Fans Attended. Now well established in the nation’s punk circle the members of GreenDate are all gifted musicians in their own right. However, the passion and creative edge that comes across in their live shows derives from their collective love of the band they so closely emulate, Green Day.

Complete Madness
Complete Madness were formed in 1994 out of a band called ‘Beat The System’. In 1992 they added a few Madness songs to their set such as Night boat to Cairo and Baggy Trousers. The band started doing showcases and signed to an agency and with their growing popularity began to add more Madness and Specials songs to the set.
In 1994 with the ever changing set becoming more Ska influenced they decided to change the name of the band from ‘Beat The System’ to ‘Complete Madness’, it was at this point the band really began to become the band that it is today. It was around this time the bands popularity really began to grow and they made the decision to quit their day jobs and go professional.
Complete Madness are now in their 20th year and each year go from strength to strength, adding new songs to the set such as a Ska version of Bruno Mars’ ‘The Lazy Song’ and Paulo Nutini’s ska hit ’10 by 10'.

Boomin
Boomin are fun, unpredictable, epic rock n roll band from Wigan, UK. Since forming Adam, Edd and Rory have been tearing up the live circuit with the blend of perfect pop rock anthems. Boomin create a perfect recipe of stadium power pop fuelled epics, all armed with addictive chorus and hooks a plenty. It’s easy to see why so many comparisons are made with Green Day.
Quickly establishing a fan base in their native Northwest, word quickly spread to booking agents and promoters and the band were not short of support offers. The Script, Scouting for Girls, McFly, N-Dubz, Ultrabeat, Basshunter, Newton Faulkner, Pixie Lott, Jedward, Craig David and many more all came calling. They have even collaborated with Newton Faulkner on an original track.

The Steve Ferringo Band
In force for over ten years, the Steve Ferringo band have been thrilling audiences on both sides of the ocntinent! Whatever the occasion this band will deliver the goods. Frenzied and exciting, it will undoubtably be an unmissbale experience.

Update Reply
JP @ 23/03/2016 14:06  

Dont forget all the daytime entertainment if you have dragged your self out of the pit before the pubs open up on the night

Update Reply
JP @ 23/03/2016 14:08  

As this is the last MCN at Butlitz I was thinking about the music weekends if anybody is interested in them I will ask some questions when we are there.

Update Reply
JP @ 29/03/2016 15:49  

Looking forward to the Madness tribute best get out me baggie trousers (i know ...... really bad pun!!!)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 01/04/2016 09:54  

Only a week to go

Update Reply
JP @ 08/04/2016 18:32  

nearly time folks, mind if you are new and want a contact number to be able to find us, pm me :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 12/04/2016 10:59  

I see there's a couple of peeps coming up from Devon way who must be passing close by me,,,,long run for you so if you want to stop off for a cuppa (Swindon area) & ride over together (scenic route for me :). Drop me a line.....or anyone else who wants to link up either here or en route.
Damn weather isn't looking too good though :-(. Still my weather app is often wrong :-)

Update Reply
lionfish @ 12/04/2016 20:00  

Dont think its wrong this time LF Be good to see you again mate will will be in the Bar same as last time.

Update Reply
JP @ 12/04/2016 20:09  

Hi JP,,,same time same place.
I was even considering going over on Thursday as it looks so much better........see if I get any replies first to share the wet stuff.

Update Reply
lionfish @ 12/04/2016 20:27  

Be good to see you LF x

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 13/04/2016 10:25  

Hi Jackie, already switched off for the weekend...no more work till Wednesday....need the extra couple of days to recover,,,takes longer the days :-)

Update Reply
lionfish @ 13/04/2016 18:31  

No bannister sliding this year !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 14/04/2016 11:24  

That wench spoils all my fun :-(

If only I could remember :-)

Update Reply
lionfish @ 14/04/2016 18:44  

Hope to see you all there tonight after dinner around 7,30 8 pm in the bar in the big tent thing.

Update Reply
JP @ 15/04/2016 08:31  

Enjoy guys n gals! Im sure you will all have a whale of a time. Ride safe there n back.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/04/2016 08:58  

See u later guys :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 15/04/2016 10:06  

Well all I can say is MCN did a fine job of making sure it was the last one they killed it dead poor bands outside entertainment very poor they even drew the golden ticket early so they could get out of there on Saturday night early. Talk about take your money and run.
Butlins did a good job on the food + accommodation they looked after us so no complaints with them.

Update Reply
JP @ 18/04/2016 14:50  

Company was as awesome as ever :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/04/2016 09:51  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email