MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop

Nitrous oxide

Nitrous oxide - Forums [Biker Match] Nitrous oxide - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Classifieds & Swap Shop /

Nitrous oxide

I'm looking for a dry nitrous oxide kit for my 04 r1 any ideas where I can get one other than the usa

Update Reply
zxr750l10 @ 02/09/2015 22:13  

theres a couple of companies in the uk that do nitrous kits if you search the internet,

to be honest you are on the wrong kind of forum here to be getting any useful info on that kind of performance up grade.

are you sure you are not a 14 year old boy trolling this site?

Update Reply
mikedabike @ 02/09/2015 23:37  

Dont see much of that in the uk bike mags only place I can think of is custom car mags, Phone round the classified adds ask if they do bikes. Other than that have a look at motorcycle drag racing forums on the internet you may get some info there. The main reason you dont get much in the bike arae is due to the amount of motors that blow up.

Update Reply
JP @ 04/09/2015 08:23  

I would imagine it'll also void your insurance if you don't tell them you've fitted it.
As JP said. not a lot of point on a street bike. Turbo's are usually a better way to go if it'll fit. But then it means extra weight. and still telling your insurance you fitted one.

Update Reply
bluesbiker @ 04/09/2015 16:28  

My advice, after a lifetime's experience is: If you want a faster bike, buy a faster bike.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 04/09/2015 19:59  

Plus there's talk of making it hard to get NO2 gas as people are using it to get high on causing the odd death. Last I Hurd it was going to only be sold to licences users, such as hospitals.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/09/2015 22:06  

Cheers guys I have a very fast bike I just want to make it alot faster I like my speed the faster the better plus it's for the strip only

Update Reply
zxr750l10 @ 06/09/2015 10:05  

I can't comment on these companies as I've never used them personally. But these x2 were a couple that came up on a quick search engine enquiry

www.nitrouskits.co.uk

www.akamoto.co.uk

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2015 15:12  

You mean for the drag strip only?

Previous comments about insurance, and just buy a faster bike are spot on if you're thinking of this for the road...

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/09/2015 21:30  

if your intention is to have a drag racing bike then your best option would be to sell the R1 and get a bike better suited to drag racing, the obvious choice is a busa.
as the yanks and racers say theres no substitute for cubes, gas and superchargers put you into a different racing class (i.e more expensive to be competitive)

Update Reply
mikedabike @ 06/09/2015 22:13  

All depends what class your dragging in, and how you have built it. The R1 might be spot on. There quick. Have pitted R1's against the ZX12 and there not far off the pace in stock trim.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/09/2015 01:01  

There's an old R1 round here with an extended swingarm. I think it's for posing rather than drag racing. But I guess a previous owner must have raced it.

Update Reply
Eiron @ 08/09/2015 15:02  

Go to drag meets and ask people.
Your options are:-
1- NOX
2- Turbo
3- SuperCharger

How fast can you afford to go?

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 29/09/2015 19:37  

Had a mate who ran an R1 at drag meets and his first upgrade was a stretched swingarm.

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 29/09/2015 19:40  

If you want to buy a Nitrous kit; http://www.noswizard.com/

or if you want to build your own; http://www.nitrous.info/

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 05/11/2016 03:17  

7 pints of scrumpy and a curry supper usually work for me a treat..:)>

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 07/11/2016 21:48  

I hope you don't get a backfire, it can make a right mess...........

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/11/2016 07:29  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email