MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Top to bottom in a day

Top to bottom in a day (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Top to bottom in a day (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Top to bottom in a day

I know a gent who's done the "Lands End to John O'Groats in a day" thing a couple of times to raise money for charity.

He reckons that for safety reasons it's necessary to take motorways most of the way. To avoid them is to end up with a day so long the risk of accidents becomes too big.

If you then do the vast majority of the run on motorways, you end up with squared off tyres, so add in a fresh set of tyres to the overall cost...

So, with that in mind, I personally wouldn't attempt it in a day - but I might consider it over a week, however frankly I'd rather go tour the Alps for a week, that strikes me as a better use of a week on the bike

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 18/08/2015 17:21  

I've done the Alps and LeJog.
LeJog wins, mainly cos it's a chance to ride Scotland :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 18/08/2015 18:33  

Do it in a day. It's an endurance thing. With street cred imagined or deserved.
However. BM is a national club and this would be an event for everyone.
Only one way to do it.
Saturday Jo'G
Thursday LE
Tuesday J o'G
Sunday LE

Depending on where you live. You either join the down wards tour, or the upwards tour .
A different campsite or b&b every night would give six different start points . Therefore no one would be travelling an excessive amount of miles to LE or Jo'G before the start.
This could easily be achieved on biker roads 150 mile per day is a normal ride out .
Every active biker in BM could join this tour.
OR
just join a leg or more.
As I said earlier on
This could be a BM classic.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 20/08/2015 01:46  

i have rode for 24 hours and you get damed tired towards the end but would like to do it in a day just to say i have, allot easier option would be to do it in two days

Update Reply
Bikeabill @ 21/08/2015 09:20  

Day 1 lands end to Carlisle think I would have topped myself by then lol

Update Reply
JP @ 21/08/2015 14:19  

Censored again by the humor police. At least I hope it's the humour police and not the holocaust deniers.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/08/2015 05:13  

Poor ol' Daffy duck. Must have headed for the hills thinking he's going to have to organise a multi venue event for dozens of peeps.
The knack is ,,, Organise something you want to do yourself and post it.
If no one turns up it's no big deal coz you're still doing what you want. Do not ask for suggestions. Everyone will have their own idea.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 22/08/2015 21:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email