MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Founders Day

Founders Day  - Forums [Biker Match] Founders Day  - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Founders Day

Any one going to VMCC Founders Day on Sunday?

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 15/07/2015 21:27  

This Sunday is shed moving day . Think you may find a few will be interested if you have more details

Update Reply
JP @ 16/07/2015 06:36  

The first time I went to this event was before I had a road licence around the time it started fifty ish years ago. Taverners is the Leicestershire branch of the vintage motorcycle club. One of the club founders Titch Allen was my school mates Dad. Below is an article from their website.
Synonymous with ‘The Taverners,’ is Founders Day set in the scenic Stanford Hall grounds, it has become one of the major UK events in the ‘old bike’ calendar. From humble beginnings almost fifty years ago with just a hundred or so visitors and half a dozen people selling surplus bike bits out of their car boot or laid out on the obligatory ‘paste table’ the event has grown in to a vast slick and professional operation.
Originally the event took place on the area to the right of the driveway with a small ‘arena’ to the back of the hall, nowadays there is a large arena to the front of the hall along with an autojumble nearing 300 pitches in number and taking up the whole area to the front of the hall. ‘Happy’ Hamrax is remembered as one of the first commercial paying companies to attend with money only changing hands if they’d had a good day - oh how things have changed!
In recent years the attendance levels have grown to around the 4000 mark or more if the weather cooperates, even with the challenges the weather threw at us in 2012 around 3000 visitors made the pilgrimage. There will be no such problem in 2015 as the organizing committee have booked good weather in advance – so don’t miss July 19th! Plus which other event allows you to see everything from an FS1E to Brough going around the arena.
There is a 300 stall auto jumble, an avenue of clubs and arena events. This years theme is mods and rockers. We will be having a beer tent on the Saturday night again and also overnight camping in the grounds.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 16/07/2015 21:15  

I had a great day out and with a record turnout in the fine weather. Bikes of all ages in fantastic condition on display and being ridden. Loads of old bike parts on sale some would call it scrap but a great resource for the enthusiast.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 19/07/2015 23:08  

Wotcha.

A bit late . . but I went to Founders Day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldf9umI19cI

Update Reply
GHW @ 22/07/2015 00:27  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email