MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Just cautious or getting old?

Just cautious or getting old? - Forums [Biker Match] Just cautious or getting old? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Just cautious or getting old?

Having just got leg out plaster I find that instead of keeping top end speed limits [n bit over] round nice bendy lanes I am backing off and enjoying views Am I just regaining confidence or getting old?

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 15/07/2015 14:09  

just geting back into it

Update Reply
kaycat @ 15/07/2015 14:51  

nothing wrong with enjoying the views, fed up with whizzing past everything and just visiting service stations,No your not getting old just more appreciative

Update Reply
stutts @ 15/07/2015 18:15  

Ta for reassurances. got to go for run tonite ,hate the place ,work tonight so find out if that helps with confidence. Love running without much traffic in the dark, must be nocturnal lol. Service stations brings up images of motorways and there are boring dont you think?

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 15/07/2015 20:18  

I love motorways, I never get lost on motorways and there's always coffee and fuel whenever I need it lol

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 15/07/2015 21:23  

Lol at Tab...

Nowt wrong with being cautious. ...I don't bounce that we'll these days

Nowt wrong with getting old. You get more appreciative of quality

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 15/07/2015 21:28  

I dont ride (pilly) but motorways are dead boring and motorways services are most defo NOT 'quality' in any way.

I must admit Stuie n I went to Scotland last year, doing on average 250+ miles each day, it would have been nicer to appreciate the breathtaking scenery more, as it whizzed past at rather a fast pace! We have said when we do it again this year, we will take our time. Perhaps we are getting on a bit!!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/07/2015 22:38  

Motorways are a waste of a good tyre and strictly for car drivers.
There's always a decent A or B road in the direction ya want . Plus, better cafes and cheaper fuel.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 16/07/2015 01:01  

I'm with dustin on this one

I have two very different bikes and ride in both worlds you are talking about Quietman.

I was on the super Tenere heading to London for work last Sunday on A68 (wasn't being slow) when a pack of power rangers came past at 3 digit speeds. They were overtaking me and the caravan in front around blind bends.

I found 3 of them in the crash barriers a few miles later down the road with their bikes in several pieces ......

Not for me and happy at sensible speeds on good roads but if fancy a cruise get the rocket 3 touring out

I don't have to justify anything to anyone

Update Reply
madscots @ 16/07/2015 22:30  

Not into to high speeds anymore.

I still enjoy to push the bike a little but find the twisty 50-70 mph roads much more fun these days than banging on at over a ton every where.

Getting old. Or is it more skilful with experience ?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2015 00:01  

just got back from double night run. Skills are returning but like Stuie, now finding more pleasure round the lanes at 40 to 60 mph and being slow enough to watch the startled wildlife scampering about as dawn breaking.
I think the enjoyment is use of both experience and years of practice [almost look graceful when fall off now one day MIGHT get it right lol ] according to mates?[ who needs enemies with "friends" like these?]

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 17/07/2015 05:58  

I think Stuie's puter is playing up again....its missed a 0 out on both those numbers!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 17/07/2015 12:48  

Madscots wrote :

I was on the super Tenere heading to London for work last Sunday on A68 (wasn't being slow) when a pack of power rangers came past at 3 digit speeds. They were overtaking me and the caravan in front around blind bends.

I found 3 of them in the crash barriers a few miles later down the road with their bikes in several pieces ......

I really shouldn't laugh, but kind of serves them right - and sounds like they were bloody lucky to land off the road and not under the wheels of an oncoming truck...

Honestly, if you want to ride like a dick, what do you expect?

I wonder if they'll learn anything from that... probably find they're just blaming the road, or another driver... they'll never learn and just repeat their mistakes until eventually they're no so lucky and wind up dead

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/07/2015 13:34  

Trust me Jo, I have slowed down. A lot.

Even slower now I'm a sports biker rider.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 19/07/2015 11:33  

Its nice to appreciate the scenery without the danger of becoming part of it.
Live to ride, ride to live!

Update Reply
SlowGoose @ 19/07/2015 23:37  

there is truth in the old saying
THERE ARE OLD BIKERS AND THERE ARE BOLD BIKERS ,BUT THERE ARE NO OLD BOLD BIKERS ride well and live long my friend .

Update Reply
oilragbiker @ 22/07/2015 15:17  

i find that top end speed is something i have not required since muy mid 20:s - now 57
owntwo guzzi 1000 and a lemans 850 all only around 70hp all hoplessly put to shame by modern 250 screamers
but i am happy at the 75 /80 tops

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 02/08/2015 22:35  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email