MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

KISS Advertising Banner

KISS Advertising Banner - Forums [Biker Match] KISS Advertising Banner - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

KISS Advertising Banner

Is it just me? Every thread in every Forum has the KISS Advertising Banner running through the middle of the posts. The banner appears n wont move from where it has decided to plonk itself! A great idea if it runs through the posts you arent interested in but flipping irritating if you are trying to read posts. Grrrr! I am using my HTC Wildfire, and yes i know its a relic but I LIKE IT ok?! Never had probs before. Hope Im not being singled out as an old fogey just cos i like my small, simple phone... :(

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/06/2015 18:22  

Happening get to me too.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/06/2015 19:15  

is it happening now? It's supposed to be locked to the bottom of the screen

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2015 20:01  

locked to bottom on the phone

Update Reply
havfun @ 22/06/2015 20:07  

locked to bottom of screen on my laptop

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2015 20:10  

Having it locked to the bottom of the screen is the irritating bit! It was much better above the Bm headline.

Update Reply
Double six @ 22/06/2015 20:18  

Yeah locked to bottom now although agree with D6 better when at top

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 22/06/2015 20:27  

I don't know. The top of the page is a really premium part of the site. Putting the banner there shifts all the genuine content of the page down. As many people don't scroll down when browsing the web it means i have to try to keep all the important content right at the top above what is known as the "Fold" (where the top of the page ends on most screens).

I'll think about it

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2015 21:04  

Can it be put on the side as it were lol ......... makes me sound like I am on the CB Radio :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 22/06/2015 21:07  

Its still in the middle of my mobi screen .... Aaaaaaarrrgh, when i want to read something or worse still post something im have to enlarge the view so much before the banner disappears and gives me access to the post message button.

Im so pleased that it isnt just lil ol me that is struggling with the damn thing. ;)

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 22/06/2015 21:09  

Slight bit annoying, does take up a lot of the page

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 22/06/2015 21:15  

Most annoying and I can't even put a Thumbs Down Emoticon here either lol

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2015 21:32  

Yep I get emoticon error message too, kind of need those to distinguish from being obnoxious or just taking the Micky

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 22/06/2015 21:47  

GBNP - please press REFRESH in your browser and tell me if that fixes it.

Emoticons - looks like IE11 broke them (I think the ad blocker is blocking it). I'm working on redesigning the entire forums section anyhow so I'll get the smileys replaced

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2015 21:50  

See I need a smiley face for that mate lol, cheers fella

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 22/06/2015 21:55  

My Blackberry has a small screen of which 2/3 is taken up with the advertising banner, making the forums very difficult to use. For Gawd's sake move it somewhere less intrusive!

Update Reply
Cataraptor @ 22/06/2015 22:55  

BM banner locked to bottom of screen on my laptop but it is really annoying to see it there, better at the top like it was before

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2015 23:05  

On I need to get my hands on some other devices cos it looks fine for me even on my phone (Samsung s4)

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2015 23:06  

Ok gonna move it back in the morning

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/06/2015 23:18  

Matt will be Mr Popular in the morning :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/06/2015 23:26  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email