MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Welsh Ride Out

Welsh Ride Out (8) - Forums [Biker Match] Welsh Ride Out (8) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Welsh Ride Out

Weather for Knottingley on Sunday is sunshine n showers with heavy between 1 and 4 pm so That may be a run chat and laff for a quick alternative Post up if anyone fancies that instead

Update Reply
Quietman2 @ 20/08/2015 13:10  

Well if I go to squires I first pick my bike up in Cleethorpes then ride to squires from there! ?? so still a ride out of an 1.5 hours to get there! ?? ...then there's the distraction of twisty roads! Lol

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 20/08/2015 13:26  

Wet stormy weather doesnt bother me or Stuie and we are happy to 'go with the flow' so to speak!

However, atm I doubt I will be attending as personal circumstances at present are not looking great, four days further down the line and no improvement as yet. I will keep you posted.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 20/08/2015 13:43  

Its great britan its going to rain. Would you worry about the weather if it was a winter ride out?

Personaly im not worried. I need to get out soo. Or i am going to go mad

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2015 14:50  

Well I ride in all weathers, if it rains while I'm out it really doesn't bother me, but if it's lashing down before I even get out then chances are I'll not bother.

Update Reply
Imola72 @ 20/08/2015 15:30  

I ride all year round....get wet (and cold) enough during the week. If I'm going to do a ride for enjoyment, well tbh I prefer dry weather.
That said, as stated, for any of you who want to do this run, the route is there.
I will look for another Sunday when there isn't a rally and repost.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/08/2015 16:11  

If its the BBC weather you been watching, they are notorious for getting Welsh weather completely wrong...
Very often it's the exact opposite of what they predict.

There's no way they can predict Welsh weather 3 days in advance!
It's only thursday, personally I would call it Saturday evening, but that's just me...

Anyway, whichever way, may the gods be with you!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2015 17:46  

Iam of the opinion of imola will ride in it not a prob if caught done plenty in my time but like he says if its lashing down in the AM another day beckons.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2015 19:13  

I used accuweather as more reliable. I was aware that Able had booked a b&b so in light of not having anyone lose money, and to give everyone a choice as to whether they still wanted to do this, I felt it only fair to call it today.

It's a personal choice, the route is there, the meeting points are there, so it's down to the individual shold they chose to still go on this.

I don't judge anyone as to the choice of weather they choose to ride in. I obviously fall under fair whether rider, despite riding all year round, in all weather, for my work commute but then choosing not to ride in bad weather on my days off!

Each to their own, as they say

My thanks to Exup for the route planning. The only apology I will make for not attending is to him, for his time in planning the route.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/08/2015 19:29  

Don't worry Jo you defiantly are not a fair weather rider. And I doubt you would ever be accused of being such.

If your textiles are water logged tho there are a few old courier tricks you could employ for 7 day a week dryness. You have my contact details if you want the secret.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/08/2015 20:22  

As long as it's not monsoon season , don't mind a bit of rain riding if peeps want to still do the ride, Wales can be majestic when she's wet, misty and wild

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 20/08/2015 23:14  

Anyways , unless it's a total wash out, I'll aim to be at Chester services from around 9

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 20/08/2015 23:29  

I reckon on still going, hopefully the weather won't be monsoon season, but a bit of rain aint no bother!

So I will be heading to Wales anyway on Saturday, sample the local hospitality and be at either chester services or tesco's, more likely tesco's from Prestatyn way.

I've been looking forward to it so not gonna pull out now, we could always find a local cafe to hide out of the rain in!

<- coffee!

I've got waterproofs and am prepared to use them!

see ya there...

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 21/08/2015 00:09  

I would ask that if you are now not going, you take your piccie off the events page. That way anyone who is going knows who to look out for at the meet points.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 21/08/2015 10:18  

Have fun folks

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 21/08/2015 12:07  

Thanks BJ, sure it'll be a good day come rain or shine, route not set in stone as all roads lead somewhere ( well except Ireland lol) and we can play it by ear what with time and conditions

Update Reply
ExupRichR1 @ 21/08/2015 16:29  

<font="Arial">I will meet everyone (anyone!?) at Ruthin Tesco's about 10 am Sunday if that's ok. hopefully I wont look like a drowned rat!

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 21/08/2015 19:45  

Fingers crossed I will be there, as long everything is well with the bike. See you there.

Now where did I put those sliders?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2015 20:06  

After my recent "off" at Cadwell I have bought some nice Spanish sliders.... Yup for my El bow..... Ooh yes puntastic! ??

Update Reply
Abel2photo @ 21/08/2015 20:36  

Have a fun day and ride safe everyone :)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/08/2015 23:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email