MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Belgium Dash 03 - 06 July 2015

Belgium Dash 03 - 06 July 2015 - Forums [Biker Match] Belgium Dash 03 - 06 July 2015 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Belgium Dash 03 - 06 July 2015

I am popping across to Belgium for a long weekend for a Mini Battlefield tour to Ypres visiting the famous Menin Gate, the site of the famous football match and other historical locations. Would be a great trip for beginners wishing to tour Europe and old hands too. It's only a 1 hour dash to Ostende from Calais via Dunkirk! If you have been thinking of doing this, take the leap and jump on board, you won't be disappointed!.

I will be staying at the Hotel Marion in Ostende for the duration, locked garage to secure your bike and bar downstairs with an extensive beer menu. (Listed in the CAMRA guide) Rooms are 50 euros for a single and 70 euros for a double including Breakfast. Parking is an extra 5 euros per night per bike in the private secure garage.

I have now booked my Tunnel crossing and Half Way House Hotel however the prices are unchanged to date.

Staying at the Premier Inn in Huntingdon on Thu 2/7/15 for( £39)
Folkestone - Calais Fri 3/7/15 at 10.20 (£31)
Calais - Folkestone Mon 6/7/15 at 11.20 (£28)

I will be leaving Liverpool Thu 2nd Jul breaking up the journey staying at the Premier Inn in Huntingdon along the way and getting the 10:20am train to Calais. Fab time in the middle but will be leaving Ostende after a hearty breakfast on Mon 6th and catching the 11:20am train back to Folkestone. Then back to Liverpool for me personally. If anyone is interested in joining me let me know, the more the merrier. Never been outside UK? This is the trip for you!

Update Reply
phasmatis @ 17/05/2015 21:05  

BUMP

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 19/06/2015 09:44  

Nice idea this, i'll try to be there

Update Reply
Matt @ 19/06/2015 10:55  

All those that went had a fantastic time visiting Ostende, Bruges, Ghent & Leper to name a few. None of the guys n girls had been outside UK before so was great to lead them on their first journey into Europe. Sadly not a single person off BM went but the 24 that did had an amazing time :-)

Update Reply
phasmatis @ 09/07/2015 18:48  

Ah sorry I couldn't make it. I had wanted to but was restricted for family reasons.

Glad you had a good time. Maybe next time we can join

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/07/2015 19:36  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email