MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

beginners track day?

beginners track day? - Forums [Biker Match] beginners track day? - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

beginners track day?

Hi all, would be an ideal day for a track day (down south is sunny) is it further north too? Shame I'm working today, but can anybody advise me of an ideal track for a beginner please for a blast round a track? I've never done it and have the ideal bike for it (675 Daytona). Cheers from Rik

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 17/04/2015 13:07  

Most major tracks do taster sessions- check out msv and no limits who both do trackdays-make sure u take a mate and van just in case bur very unlikely you'd be spanking it the fiest time on track!

Knockhill looks a good track, donnington is fab but cadwell is ace for learning how to chuck your bike around and a proper giggle!

Going with mates is good fun but dont bother with an instructor for your first time as they predominantly tell u to keep up the good work-unless its one of the hottrax lads like colin norris who's fantastic and can teach u all the tricks ??

Just relax and enjoy it, concentrate on position and handling and you'll be itching to do another as soon as! You'll think you've learnt nowt until u get back on the roads then you'll realise just how much you've learnt! Even doing a race school is a good idea because they teach u everything u need to know and then some.

Safe riding-cat x

Update Reply
mizzi @ 19/04/2015 05:04  

+1 wot mizzi said
unless you sometimes get your knee down on the road your "going mad" speed on the road is probably a steady pace on the track, so once you are familiar with which way the track goes try your "going mad" speed,

smoothness is the key to going fast, i.e. don't jump on the brakes, snatch down changes of gear, grab big handfuls of throttle, these things will translate into your road riding to improve it.

another track that's good for a beginner is ty croes circuit in Anglesey north wales (its not usually as busy as the well known tracks),
it has lots of corners and elevation changes without the high speeds of the bigger tracks (high speeds means more damage if you get it wrong)

another option if you don't want to risk your pride n joy on your first trackday is to hire a track bike, they take care of everything, you just turn up and ride it.

Update Reply
mikedabike @ 22/04/2015 00:11  

ive got my first track day at cadwell park an evening session on monday cant wait

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 23/04/2015 14:59  

how was your track day zzrbabe?

Update Reply
mikedabike @ 28/04/2015 22:16  

Yes, how was it ZZR? I would love a go at my local track, don't have my bike at min but no problem using one of theirs ... makes it even more fun

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/04/2015 22:47  

Yes ZzR babe,how was the track day?
Cadwell is a bit far really for me, I'm in the south.
Anyone ever ridden Brands Hatch?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/04/2015 14:32  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email