MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

HONDA to premiere new 2008 models at NEC Show

HONDA to premiere new 2008 models at NEC Show - Forums [Biker Match] HONDA to premiere new 2008 models at NEC Show - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

HONDA to premiere new 2008 models at NEC Show

Honda has announced that its new 2008 motorcycle range, one of the most exciting ever, will be unveiled for the first time in the UK at this year’s International Motorcycle and Scooter Show (23rd November to 2nd December, see events page) at the Birmingham NEC. Among the many new bikes sure to turn heads on the Honda stand, (1E20) are the long-awaited CBR 1000RR Fireblade, the XL650V Transalp and the CBF600. Honda is the latest big-name manufacturer to announce that its 2008 UK premieres will take place at the NEC. Honda’s impressive array of bikes will be fronted by the CBR-1000RR Fireblade which has seen a dramatic overhaul for 2008 as a result of feedback from James Toseland, whose Fireblade helped him win the World Superbike Championship for a second time. The all-new machine is now slimmer, smaller and lighter, with a revised engine and a radical hi-aerodynamic fairing. Honda’s perennial XL700V Transalp has also been on the receiving end of a significant re-design with a brand new 680 V-Twin engine and a more powerful fuel-injection system housed in slick new bodywork. Today’s announcement adds Honda to a stella list of world-famous exhibitors, all showing off their glistening new bikes at the NEC Show. The ever-popular Ducati returns by popular demand to the Show for 2007, while fellow-Italian marque Benelli also makes its UK debut at the NEC this year. They will be joined by a host of the biggest names in biking, including BMW, Buell, CCM, Harley-Davidson, Honda, Hyosung, Kawasaki, KTM, PGO Scooters, Suzuki, Triumph, Victory Motorcycles, Watsonian Squire, Wuyang and Yamaha. Steve Martindale, General Manager, Honda (UK) Motorcycle Division commented; “2008 is going to be a really big year for Honda with some groundbreaking new bikes hitting the market and growth coming from both small and large bikes due to the new test regulations. The International Motorcycle and Scooter Show is going to be the first time the British public will be able to see them for real.” Finlay McAllan, Managing Director of MCI Exhibitions, commented on today’s announcements: “This year, more than ever before, we are providing visitors to the Show with the best and most exciting selection of bikes ever seen all together in the UK. This announcement from Honda takes us another step closer to the ultimate bike line-up and proves that the NEC Show really is the place where the biggest names in biking all want to be seen and show off the best the industry has to offer to the UK market for the first time.”Honda (1E 20) will be situated in hall 1. This year’s Show take place on the new dates of 23rd November – 2nd December (Press Day – 22nd November), in new halls 1, 2, 3, 3a & 4. Ticket prices have been frozen for a third consecutive year making the Show even better value. For more information visit www.motorcycleshow.co.uk.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/10/2007 08:29  

Bloody hell Kwak, what did you do? copy out the whole of the MCN article? way to much time on your hands

Update Reply
gs1150 @ 10/10/2007 12:49  

Nope I didn't get it from the MCN so ner If it wasn't for the 'time on my hands' I wouldn't be able to compile the newsletter every month and trawl the net trying to find NEW topics, sort out the events page and answer member's PMs requesting help. I don't like sports bike racing I try to find something you guys would be interested in. Feel free to help me out if you can find anything NEW about the sport bike /racing world that HASN'T already been submitted to the net ============================= specs for the Blade http://www.honda-fireblades.co.uk/honda_news.html

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/10/2007 13:09  

lol funny. Thanks Kwak. And please get some new topics started everyone, read the press and get some interesting discussions going

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/10/2007 13:15  

right then kwak if you have to much time on your hands i am looking for a new bike something with a bit of character it must have power and plenty of it naked or sports i must be able to modify it come on kwack lets see what you can do you have 15 grand to play with lets see if mine matches yours

Update Reply
old gixer boy @ 10/10/2007 16:10  

right then kwak if you have to much time on your hands i am looking for a new bike something with a bit of character it must have power and plenty of it naked or sports i must be able to modify it come on kwack lets see what you can do you have 15 grand to play with lets see if mine matches yours PML trust YOU!! OGB *slap* I aint got 'too much' time, I'm too busy answering daft questions from awkward buggers like you and gs 15 grand?? Jeez! for that kinda money the world is your lobster, you could buy almost any 2 wheeled bill-board ROFL. What ya mean by 'character' is it a bike you're after or a house?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 10/10/2007 20:47  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email