MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New Update- Brand new events calendar!

New Update- Brand new events calendar! (3) - Forums [Biker Match] New Update- Brand new events calendar! (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New Update- Brand new events calendar!

It's impossible to make a full-year overview. Do you know how much data that is to show on one page? :-D It's hard enough just squeezing one month on, I've had to trim down the event names on that.

Let me think about it

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/04/2015 09:17  

I've had a look and on Internet Explorer it's nice a easy for planning, but on Google Chrome I'm getting a box that says "Test" and when I click the ok box I get the calender box but it is blank.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 15/04/2015 11:26  

that's weird. A box saying TEST?? Sounds like something I'd slip in during development but i can't find it in my code now, all looks to be removed.
When do you get that? What do you click on? I'm using Chrome and don't get it

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/04/2015 12:23  

Issue fixed causing Matlock Madness not to show (and others. Basically the LAST event for each month was being skipped)

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/04/2015 12:37  

ADDED: Yearly Overview! Just as you asked. This is draft edition number 1, still working on it, but here's a preview:
http://www.bikermatch.co.uk/sites/bm/events/NewCalendar...erview.asp

Update Reply
Matt @ 15/04/2015 18:47  

Thanks Matt

Yowzers! Just checked out the preview, that looks very, very busy but it does appear to work on my laptop, so all good.

My mobile is currently on charge so I will check that later. I somehow think my phone won't cope with that amount of 'busy-ness' as it already goes into meltdown with some aspects of the site. but we can but hope.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 15/04/2015 20:52  

works fine on my phone, Samsung Galaxy S4.

It looks very busy indeed, but it's the only way I could get 365 days worth of data on one page.

At least now we have the best of all worlds - you can search in detail, view a monthly overview, or an entire year overview.

And it's FAST! And tells you the distance to each event (as long as it's within the UK)

Update Reply
Matt @ 16/04/2015 08:38  

Excellent Boss Man thanks ...................... just a quick request ........can the weekends be a different colour lol pretty please xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 16/04/2015 12:39  

Having the ability to overview the month is a good addition Matt, now you can see what events are upcoming at a glance without having to trawl through from the top.

Update Reply
Double six @ 16/04/2015 23:14  

Added: Yearly overview calendar AND it is mobile-friendly. That's 365 days of events all on one page for you to view anywhere anytime. :-D

Jackie the weekends should be in a different colour already, but it's not much different. I'll make it stand out some more

Update Reply
Matt @ 21/04/2015 22:27  

Boss man you dun good on this

Update Reply
havfun @ 22/04/2015 09:24  

Shhhhh don't let the negative pixies hear you

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2015 09:28  

Birthdays added to the year overview

Update Reply
Matt @ 22/04/2015 09:34  

I'm liking the new calendar format :-) Works well on my mobile too (HTC one)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/04/2015 11:56  

The year format is great for planning events Matt just need to scroll across the page to see the whole year now dont f**k with it

Update Reply
JP @ 23/04/2015 20:01  

Lol well if you're happy everyone will be

Update Reply
Matt @ 23/04/2015 20:53  

I really like the new format, easy to use even for a computer numpty like me, but don't seem able to scroll back to previous months events to view photo's like we used to.
Tried to go back to April, it would'nt go ???

Update Reply
DAVE VM @ 01/05/2015 19:27  

Yes I discovered that today as well Dave, would like to scroll back to view prior events again.

Update Reply
Double six @ 01/05/2015 21:23  

Well I didn't see the old one so I can't comment there. But I like this calander specially the miles part.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/05/2015 22:47  

The year overview only shows the current month onwards (plus 12 months).

Previous months only visible through search. Photos also available there

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/05/2015 02:42  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email