MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

New Update- Brand new events calendar!

New Update- Brand new events calendar! - Forums [Biker Match] New Update- Brand new events calendar! - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

New Update- Brand new events calendar!

Hey all

well I've been promising it for a few weeks now, and a few people have had a sneak preview. But it's now finally live - the new events calendar.

I'm expecting a few problems, errors, etc. if you find anything wrong with it please let me know asap.

Key new features:

Intuitive design (easy to follow, friendly to search)Highly efficient and responsive (no slow page refreshes)Search events only in the weekendsSearch events only where your friends/favs are attendingSearch events only with photos addedImmediately see distances to/from events, people, lift requests etc if you're logged in (or searched by postcode)See how many people are attending + how many of your friendsDirectly see the duration of the event (in hours or days)Lift requests show distance between you and the other person, and also the distance between them and the event
Plus lots lots more. I'm really curious what you all think. I know I wont please everyone, but I've put weeks and weeks of work into this so I hope most of you prefer it. Functionally it's much better, it's more powerful, faster and modern.

Enjoy!

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/02/2015 20:22  

Thanks Matt :>> Looks good to me !! If an old giffa like me can find their way around it, then it should be fine for all

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 24/02/2015 21:51  

it cool way hay can see how many miles it is for me thanks x

Update Reply
kaycat @ 24/02/2015 22:11  

Don't like it !!!! I preferred the old one.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 24/02/2015 22:33  

Well its different for sure, will see how I find it and let you know. Like the map bit though

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/02/2015 22:48  

75% positive feedback so far, thanks.

AJ, what don't you like about it exactly?

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/02/2015 23:05  

I have to say that I agree with Rags, it was easier to flick to the month you wanted and view exactly the weeks you needed to with little waste of time. This new format, although innovative and very chic, seems a little time consuming and easy to miss events unless you have a lot of time spare to scroll through every month in sequence.
Time will tell if I will be going through the calendar very often myself so I might miss a few events.
I am going to have to stand on the no side with this one, sorry.

Update Reply
Double six @ 24/02/2015 23:14  

How could it be improved in your opinion? Specifically what could I do to make it easier

The old calendar was just awful, prehistoric, rushed, and sad looking. And unless you knew exactly where each event look place you had to go into them all one by one to see the location (then Google if you don't know where it is)

Update Reply
Matt @ 24/02/2015 23:25  

The new format looks great. Easy to use, easy on the eye. Some nice additional features too.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2015 06:44  

Where have the birthdays gone though? They used to be at the top of the events page. I can't find em now!!!!

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 25/02/2015 07:06  

Hi Matt

Just been told by a standard member that it is extremely hard to use the new events page layout on a mobile phone.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 25/02/2015 07:19  

I'll add the birthdays, totally forgot.

I'm using it on my phone and it works much better than the old one

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2015 10:06  

How about getting rid of all the settings preferences (putting them on the profile settings) at the top and putting a at a glance view of the events and then if someone wants more info of the event they can then scroll down and get it.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 25/02/2015 10:49  

Please only put the birthdays of active members ie those who have logged on in, say, the last year.
Otherwise, there are just too many to check thru if u wanna say happy birthday to a friend.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/02/2015 12:27  

Ragnar, i cannot visualise how you mean to be honest. The options are there deliberately to make the calendar customisable, quickly searchable, etc - even for people who are not logged in and have no profile settings.

XK, no problem, that can be arranged. Say last 6 months active?

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2015 12:38  

Make it a year active, Matt .. would cover those only here for the rally season!!

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 25/02/2015 12:39  

birthdays added, filtering those who don't have an enabled profile/account and also those who haven't been online for more than a year.

Update Reply
Matt @ 25/02/2015 12:51  

what is hiden behind events calender
would be nice to read what is shown on the event ie
dates etc not stamped over whats hapening
(just an observation)

Update Reply
havfun @ 25/02/2015 13:24  

From an events team member it's no good on my phone I need to see the weekends and more of a time spread looking at 1 month is not going to help I will be back and forth trying to fit stuff in and your working over say 30th June 2 July that could be a pain hope it's better on the laptop

Update Reply
JP @ 25/02/2015 13:27  

ps this is what it looks like on mobile
not seen it yet on laptop

Update Reply
havfun @ 25/02/2015 13:33  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email