MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Help for Short Rider

Help for Short Rider (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Help for Short Rider (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Help for Short Rider

Just like the words, "look, XKLYBR is getting the beers in".

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 22/02/2015 22:06  

Hi Firesign.
Do you have a link for those inserts? I have a friend with a similar problem & they may help her.
Thanks

Update Reply
Guzziguy123 @ 23/02/2015 00:53  

I stuck some thick soles on me boots and gained about 5mm/

Update Reply
Eddie777 @ 23/02/2015 16:22  

Hi Guzziguy, I don't have the link for the inserts as I have decided to go for the Daytona Lady Pilot boots. http://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/98252
I've also decided to go all or nothing and go down the DAS route so wath this space!!!

Update Reply
firesign @ 23/02/2015 18:08  

I got my inserts from eBay. Search for shoe inserts.

I do agree that leg length isn't necessarily a problem if you have confidence, but from personal short arse experience it is how you feel on the bike, if you don't feel confident then adding the worry of tip toeing can make getting out on the bike a nervous and unenjoyable experience.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 23/02/2015 19:52  

Hey guys, I did my homework and have today put a deposit down on a Kawasaki GPZ 500 S, seat height 27 inches so no need for those inserts :) You were right RB I should just go straight for direct access, I'm going to take as many lessons I need and just keep going until I get there. Thanks for all your help guys

Update Reply
firesign @ 24/02/2015 17:48  

Woohoo Firesign and a woopwoop too. ????????

You will do brill,

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/02/2015 20:03  

Thank you .... I'll let you know how I get on and look forward to being able to nod to you in person one day

Update Reply
firesign @ 24/02/2015 20:15  

GPZ500, ohh i like them there fun.

You will enjoy that, easy to ride, easy to handle and move about with a great engine that has plenty of torque and is nice and thumpy with plenty of go for when your used to it. Very capable but at the same time tame enough to learn on.

My sister had one. She misses it and i dispatched one for years as a spare bike, there good tough fun bikes.

Did I say i liked them!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 24/02/2015 20:27  

Glad my choice in bike has met with your approval Stuie ... here she is in all her glory
http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201502160993242/sort/default/usedbikes/make/kawasaki/model/gpz/cc-from/500cc/cc-to/500cc/page/1/radius/1500/postcode/bs151df/quicksearch/true?logcode=p

Update Reply
firesign @ 24/02/2015 21:53  

Oooooh nice ??

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 24/02/2015 22:08  

Great news . I am so thrilled for you . I hope you have lots of fun .

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 25/02/2015 17:22  

Thanks Jackyan

Update Reply
firesign @ 25/02/2015 18:37  

Good choice Firesign with the GPZ500, and with is been an older bike it won't be the end of the world with a topple

If you looking for newer bikes later on, as mentioned earlier, Honda CBF500, 600 and 1000's can be lowered to grasshopper height without bankruptcy or ruining the handling.

A few people have mentioned the one foot down is OK thing. It is to an extent but bear in mind that most blokes have a lot more leg strength than women meaning they can recover a topple easier.

Now crack on with the DAS and we'll see you at KISS

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 01/03/2015 16:45  

Not so sure about this leg strength thing - my missus can crack walnuts between her legs!

*said in a high-pitched voice*

And please check out the Cornwall camp this summer, Firesign.
T'is on Events 27-06-15

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/03/2015 18:01  

Well said XKLYBR, some of us do have strong legs!! But I totally get your point Steve H and look forward to eventually making it to KISS

Update Reply
firesign @ 02/03/2015 16:28  

As with the Hondas many people don't know that the complete BMW range has had a factory fit option for low seat and lowered suspension.

That means there are plenty of used ones out there that have extremely low seat heights and your insurance company can't get funny about it as its a factory build. There lowering kits can also be retro fitted, but that's isn't so cheep.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 16/03/2015 08:18  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email