MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

im moving - advice needed

im moving - advice needed - Forums [Biker Match] im moving - advice needed - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

im moving - advice needed

I've been offered a new job in Coventry, I want to move to a nice area where my bike will be safe!! Anyone know Coventry or east, south or north of it?

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 06/02/2015 18:15  

Ha ha Coming to the 'Cov' !!! You'll be able to bike to Bassetts Pole of a Tuesday then....no excuses Only about 30 mins at a push. I'm told Earlsdon is a good area of Cov. Allesley, Eastern green, Styvechale Radford. These are from the Cov boys on shift. If you can let me know where your thinking of, I can get some some 1st hand info. Course you always have warwick and it's surrounds also.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 06/02/2015 18:27  

You could contact drobess on BM she lives in cov so may also have some helpfull info for you

Update Reply
JP @ 06/02/2015 18:32  

Styvchale was a good area, not sure about it now. Forget radford and definitely steer clear of cheylesmore.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/02/2015 18:45  

Longford and foleshill along with bell green should be avoided as well.
Ryton isnt bad neither is wyken but that is a bit close to ball hill, not bad but not brilliant.Hill fields is a definite no go area, unless you want hookers walking up and down the road at all hours.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/02/2015 19:02  

Longford and foleshill along with bell green should be avoided as well.
Ryton isnt bad neither is wyken but that is a bit close to ball hill, not bad but not brilliant.Hill fields is a definite no go area, unless you want hookers walking up and down the road at all hours.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/02/2015 19:02  

Kev how do you know where all the Hookers are ???

Update Reply
JP @ 06/02/2015 19:26  

all advice given already is gud advice tab007, other than wyken n Ballhill are ok as well, im in ballhill.
oh avoid Woodend also

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/02/2015 19:38  

I was born about 7 mile away from cov, I know that area just as you know where the naughty laydeez are in brum!

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/02/2015 19:39  

It has been a long time since I used to go to cov so ballhill might have smartened up since, my appologies.I also meant that wyken was a good area, or it did used to be.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/02/2015 19:41  

they on the street corners of hillfields 66 lol, Ive driven past them on route home from town

Update Reply
drobess @ 06/02/2015 19:42  

Indeed drob, hillfields was always a dodgy place at night.

Update Reply
Double six @ 06/02/2015 19:44  

TAB007, i dont know Coventry at all but just wanted to say;

WOOHOO! way to go burd. Many congratulations on the
new job!

Im gonna miss ya n your pink bike gear ... :(

Thats two of you leaving The Yorkshire Crew for pastures new, sad in so many ways. Im sure you will get settled n quickly find happiness wherever you land x

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/02/2015 19:49  

Hey, you don't get rid of me that easily, you have another overnight stopping place now in Coventry lol

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 06/02/2015 21:50  

I've decided before I move to Coventry permanently I'd like to do the job and get to know the area so I can make an informed decision, so I'm looking to rent a room - if there is anyone who wants a lodger, please letme know? Thanks.

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 09/02/2015 21:04  

besides TAB cov isnt that far from me so i'm sure Linz will still haunt you once she realises its a nice ride cross country

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/02/2015 21:27  

I'm near Hinckley not far from Coventry. I wouldn't live in the City get yourself out in the villages and have a look round. Which area of the city will you be working?

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 09/02/2015 22:19  

The post code is CV2, so it's south east

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 09/02/2015 23:46  

Try bedworth just down the road

Update Reply
JP @ 10/02/2015 09:02  

Also have a look at Ansty, Shilton, Wolvey and Bulkington. This area is about 10 miles from me and I have worked and had friends there. I now work near Leicester. If you need some biking gear Moto Central are in Wolvey check them out online.

Update Reply
bugsbunny @ 10/02/2015 19:52  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email