MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Dynamic pricing in 2015

Dynamic pricing in 2015 (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Dynamic pricing in 2015 (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Dynamic pricing in 2015

Just typed a detailed reply to all your points and stupidly closed my browser tab (slip of the hand). Frustrating! So here's a much quicker reply...

It's not a matter of just logging in that gets you more discount. It will be who submits valuable content to the site. The same as if you were part of another kind of club, you'd get discounts on your membership fees if you contributed your time/efforts in other ways to the club. Well that's what this is offering... people who organise events for the club, post news item for everyone to read, upload photos, etc. This is much better for the site than someone who just sits in the background reading everything. This content also helps drive new members to BM. As such a discount will be given for how much you contribute to BM.

Being ill or just offline for a few weeks wont make much difference, as the calculations will be made over your longer-term activity.

Also your previous upgrades will be taken into account. Someone who's been on the site for 8 years will get a nice discount, but someone who's been on the site AND upgrading every year for 8 years will get a better discount.

I'm now working on the calculations part. Must admit it's not easy

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/03/2015 10:16  

I am a standard because i have no choice because of funds or in and out of hospital like a yoyo.I try to get on the site at least once a day if possible,I like to catch up on what's happening within the club and obviously the gossip.Matt your changes could be a good thing for the club and hope it works out well.But i was discusted to read that someone who i have noticed posts a fair amount of garb
suggested getting rid of standard members its people like that with that attitude makes that stops people from joining and i don't believe i am the only one who feels that way.By the way i have had to borrow a fiver to be a paying member for a week.

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 14/03/2015 11:25  

haha thanks for joining up mate. And it's a good job I'm in charge eh, so no inactive accounts will (ever) be deleted. If people want to filter out the older accounts they can do so via the Advanced Search page where you can select only profile who were last logged in within a certain time period. I will however be updating the profile pages to make it clearer when someone last logged in.

FYI - you would receive a 28% discount if you were to join under my new calculations. For every day you're a member and every pound you upgrade that discount will increase each time (to a max of 50%).

I've built the calculations now which are fair, they give a good discount to new members and older members. There's even a discount for anyone who upgrades within 7 days of joining the site.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/03/2015 18:59  

haha thanks for joining up mate. And it's a good job I'm in charge eh, so no inactive accounts will (ever) be deleted. If people want to filter out the older accounts they can do so via the Advanced Search page where you can select only profile who were last logged in within a certain time period. I will however be updating the profile pages to make it clearer when someone last logged in.

FYI - you would receive a 28% discount if you were to join under my new calculations. For every day you're a member and every pound you upgrade that discount will increase each time (to a max of 50%).

I've built the calculations now which are fair, they give a good discount to new members and older members. There's even a discount for anyone who upgrades within 7 days of joining the site.

Update Reply
Matt @ 14/03/2015 18:59  

If i had the funds i would be a full member most of the time.looks like i'm not the only one not up to scratch matt sounds like you've got a stutter.By the sound of what you are aiming for sounds good to me. Best of luck sorting it out

Update Reply
GL Blue @ 14/03/2015 22:22  

I will go with the flow :-)

Update Reply
davidneale @ 11/04/2015 11:59  

Having read all the above, I agree with Betty. Whilst a good idea in principle, the whole thing will become very complicated and cause some members to be alienated, even though the actual scoring would be automated. I would prefer to continue paying a set rate. (I just had to renew to post this!)
Matt, I would prefer you to devote your obvious talents to developing other aspects of the site and service! Keep up the good work!

Update Reply
Richard T @ 13/04/2015 12:58  

Gosh am I being a blonde in a closet here, I am totalled muddled by all this, I am one of the longest serving members on this site, I fact I think I organised the first ever Christmas meal meet up, amongst other early meet ups on here, I was also responsible for the "Tales of ChaTbot" that I know kept a lot of people's spirits up on their sad days and just in general. Sometimes though I haven't had the finances to keep up my membership so how do I stand with this new system, also person situations have meant I haven't been able to attend as many events as I would have liked to. One the posts I started in the general section of the forum is also still running and has the highest amount of posts on it.

Update Reply
Cruiser gal @ 13/04/2015 21:42  

Hi Matt
I do not agree with your proposal for the new pricing system. Isn't it about freedom of choice of how much 1 uses the site once they have paid their membership . It does not matter how much 1 wishes to use the site ,if 1 has paid to be a full member then leave it at that . You could still have a discount for renewal of membership but to have a dictatorial approach is not the way forward . Some times things happen & 1 can not penalized for not being on line or chatting, saying that some times chat is always in full swing . The for mentioned proposal could have the reverse effect as it is going to look like you are forcing members to use the site more than they might like or be able to . But then that might be just me .
Tonka

Update Reply
Tonka64 @ 24/05/2015 22:15  

Hate to agree with him, but I'm with XK's suggestion.
KISS by rally, KISS by membership.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/05/2015 22:59  

For those of you who think it's not worthwhile, how can you possibly be refusing an automatic discount?

At the moment there is NO discount automatically applied unless you know someone with a code (which change all the time). This new system says "hey, you've upgraded before. Here's a thank-you bonus" or "Hey, thanks for starting all those events and helping out on the site. Here, have some more bonus...".

Even new members who joined within the past 7 days get a "newbie bonus".

Honestly I just don't understand some people. Moaning about paying less FFS.

Anyhow, the system is nearly finished. Took me maybe 5 days total. Everyone will get a basic personal bonus, but you can also override that and use any existing discount code if you like.

For those of you who don't like or want this system, feel free to let me know and I can always send you a link to the old system where you can happily pay double.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/06/2015 23:34  

PS: Richard and CG - welcome back! Long time no see/speak. Hope you're both doing well. If you were to both use the new system you would get 31-41% discount automatically, from the current standard prices. Good right? That's based on your history on BM, without using any discount code.

Update Reply
Matt @ 02/06/2015 23:35  

Good job Matt I like it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 03/06/2015 11:23  

DONE! New system is up and running! I've run a lot of tests and it seems to be just fine. Only thing I can't test is all the different types of credit cards etc.

One other thing it can also do is pull up your previous payment details to save you typing it all out again (only thing you must enter again is the card verification code from the back of your card).

There's also less steps involved now.

Hope to hear from some of you soon here how you find the process. Really quite chuffed with this so hope you all like it.

Update Reply
Matt @ 03/06/2015 20:52  

Splendid idea. Just updated today.
The more you put in . The more you get out.
Whatever system is in place. Some people will always try to abuse it.
Fek em. Not worth loosing sleep over.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 04/06/2015 01:50  

I shall be using it in 10 days when my subs run out so shall let you know, Im sure 'tis worth it

(If I could upgrade again now before subs run out I would btw)

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 04/06/2015 11:46  

Bump

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/06/2015 20:08  

Matt, plse message all to tell them the good news.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/06/2015 22:53  

I will, I'm just taking all feedback first and making sure the system is ok before I let everyone know via PM. Already fixed 2 big bugs since I launched it

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/06/2015 15:29  

Thanks for all your hard work Boss Man

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 10/06/2015 21:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email