MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

2014 - memories of the past year and thanks

2014 - memories of the past year and thanks - Forums [Biker Match] 2014 - memories of the past year and thanks - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

2014 - memories of the past year and thanks

My memories of 2014; The year of the BM weddings, congratulations and good wishes to all the newlyweds, may you have a fab New Year! Tears of laughter n joy with the Mad Burds in Penrith. You rawk! Rally season was a quiet affair for me this year but had its mad moments, as always spending time with friends old n new with my favourite things, music, bikes and beer. A great time. Thanks guys. My trip with Stuie up the West Coast of Scotland was inspiring and exhilirating. Thank you Stuie, you made it a fab break, memorable in so many ways. My cake soirees with Purple Betty, VERY important business! Im sure there are still plenty of tea rooms out there waiting to be 'tested' ... Hope you arent caked-out! The birthday gatherings/rideouts this year were brilliant and thanks should go to all those attending and making lasting memories. Most of all thank you to those BM members who helped me through 3 miserable months whilst i was off work suffering with my back problem. Your PMs, texts, calls all helped immensely. Special thanks to 'Doctor' Murdoch for health tips, the loan if the kneeling chair and the giggles, you are a star! The best moment of OMG was speaking to Rowanblossom and referring to the headstock and being met with a wall of silence and a errrmmm, okaaay.... The laughter that followed carried on for quite sometime. Jo you really do make me smile! A great year once more - Thank you BM!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 31/12/2014 13:55  

I moved out of the family house early in Feb 2014 and into my own place.

In March I first met Sharon (SLH_71 from this very site), and by April we started dating

In April I did a charity ride with the IAM from John O Groats to Mull of Galloway, and thanks to the amazing generosity of people both here, at work, family and friends, and other biking and non-biking forums I raised over £800 for macmillan cancer care

In July Sharon and I did a week long tour around the far north of scotland on the bike and had an amazing time together

The end of 2014 took a bit of a downer when a friend of mine passed away after a short fight with skin cancer. She was in her 30's and left behind her two kids, both under 2 years old, and her husband. That still saddens me, and will do for a long time to come.

Since getting together with Sharon she's been a tower of strength and understanding while I've dealt with all the flack associated with the end of a marriage, and I love that wonderful lady so much!

I'm seeing the year out with Sharon, and then seeing the new year in with a BM ride out on the 1st

Happy New Year to all the BM members

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 31/12/2014 15:30  

That's a lovely post Mr Mike.

And whilst we didn't get much if an opportunity to chat in Edinburgh earlier this month it was a pleasure to meet you and Sharon, and I hope to do so again if my plans of a Scotland run in 2015 come to fruition.
Also great to meet you GBNP, albeit briefly, at the Manor in the summer.

My own story is shorter: I joined the site at the insistence of Bandit Lover (who I already knew) some years ago. Got a pilly or two during that year, but didn't really gel with the site or it's members and allowed my membership to become "normal",continuing to keep an eye on the forums.
During 2013 my own little meet was postponed in August and an email popped into my inbox from BM offering 50% discount. I rejoined in the hope of getting a pilly before the summer was out.

I got that pilly, and many subsequent pillys.

In fact since Feb 2014 a Triumph Bonneville has taken up permanent residence on my drive and Centurion a permanent place in my heart.

I spent last New Year at Emzed's with other BMers and had a blast.

Thank you BM. I wish all that members wish themselves for 2015 and perhaps I will meet more of you in the coming year.

Update Reply
GT63 @ 31/12/2014 21:23  

Going to the Pilly day at Cat and Fiddle, having skived a day off work to do so, and talk being made of putting photos on Facebook. That wouldn't have done my alibi any good LOL

also met a lot of nice people this year, long may that continue.

AJ

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 31/12/2014 22:48  

On the good side sunshine, bikes, beer and talking bollox

On the bad side been stuck downwind of XK after he'd been on the pickled eggs and liquid effluent diet.

More of the same this year please. Except the chemical outbursts.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/01/2015 19:34  

Hog the Bridge with my good friend Ant, and of course him as Noddy Holder at the Hallowistmas do......my high lights of 2014 x Thank you Ant' x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2015 15:39  

Thanks for joining me Penny, Hope we get chance for another ride out together. You weren't so bad as Dead Jesus yourself lol. Thank you Pen' x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/01/2015 18:12  

Very welcome big guy :D xxxxx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/01/2015 17:35  

What a rollercoaster of a ride 2014 was for me!

On a negative side - I failed my MOD1 so many times it was embarrassing! I fell off my bike on my birthday and didn't get to the gym as much as I should!

on a positive side - I met so many lovely people from BM, went on some brilliant rides and of course I passed my riding test in the end!

Thank you all for being part of my 2014 journey x

Update Reply
TAB007 @ 20/01/2015 18:13  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email