MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

BM Website Issues/Help Requests

Site performance - Oct 7th

Site performance - Oct 7th (3) - Forums [Biker Match] Site performance - Oct 7th (3) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / BM Website Issues/Help Requests /

Site performance - Oct 7th

Shouldnt give that error though - should tell you that its too large (the pic! lol). Ill look at that later (Remind me if i forget tho haha)

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/10/2007 08:30  

It seems fine so far today Matt thank god as I am not doing much else at the mo

Update Reply
Mazza @ 08/10/2007 11:05  

Yep, had a couple of blips though. There's been some upgrades to the server, which caused all the problems. Regarding the event photos page - it no longer errors out if you upload big files. Let me know if you have any more problems.

Update Reply
Matt @ 08/10/2007 16:24  

No Matt, now it just says FILE TOO BIG Hey Wills! cheeky beggar lol It's ok, I got my own back

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/10/2007 19:57  

I couldn't get on the site at all last nite so I sorted out the pics I took of Sunday's gathering. I didn't get done til 4 this morning, re-sizing them all. It would be good if we could add some text to the pics. I couldn't add names to ALL my pics cos to be honest I didn't know who some of you were, soz. It takes me ages in paint shop adding text, mainly cos my mouse is a pain, be good if there was some way we could just type in the text on the add a pic page. Any chance of that happening Matt?

Update Reply
Sandi @ 08/10/2007 20:04  

No, it would mean on-the-fly photo editing built into the server, and I've absolutely no idea how on earth I can write code that will edit photos. Regarding it taking so long. Just to go www.download.com or search google for photo resizing programs. I've even included one (And a document i made) in the help section. With regards to adding text, you can use any photo editing program to do this, save the image, then upload it. You could resize it whilst in the process And, about the error - it's supposed to bloody say that! Nobody should be getting code errors with no explaination, the correct thing to happen is that you get an error saying that the file you uploaded is too big.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/10/2007 13:44  

matt its runnin sooooooooooooooo slow again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Update Reply
RC @ 09/10/2007 15:33  

slower than slow....even got time to change sams bum in between pages!!!!

Update Reply
witchiest @ 09/10/2007 16:03  

jUST SAW A SNAIL RACE PAST WITH A LETTER UNDER HIS ARM LOL!!!!yeah matt still slowwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!! even i can type quicker than it enters lol

Update Reply
anthony d @ 09/10/2007 16:48  

Hows it now?

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/10/2007 17:45  

a bit better hun

Update Reply
RC @ 09/10/2007 17:49  

Oh u just wanna complain dont ya?

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/10/2007 18:05  

yep

Update Reply
RC @ 09/10/2007 18:08  

Theres 582 people online right now! Jesus no wonder its slow. Im being bombarded with emails too, users writing in, email notifications, forum posts, etc.... its all u lot causing problems at MB, the residents have come to find you.

Update Reply
Matt @ 09/10/2007 18:09  

not me i was on my best behaviour for once pmsl

Update Reply
RC @ 09/10/2007 18:12  

Matt: Regarding it taking so long. Just to go www.download.com or search google for photo resizing programs. I've even included one (And a document i made) in the help section. I wasn't on about the photo resizing, I can do that just fine, altho I did have a lot of pics to get thro, I was on about the entering text taking me ages cos of my mouse. I'll have to buy a cat to make it go quicker The site was very slow when I logged on about 2 hours ago it's a bit quicker now. T The picture loading, on the events page, could be a whole lot quicker too.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 09/10/2007 18:49  

Please can everyone monitor the site over the next day or 2. Respond here if you have any issues at all with SITE PERFORMANCE (Please dont post about any code errors, or problems ur having doing something). Only interested in the site running slow, or not at all

Update Reply
Matt @ 10/10/2007 13:24  

Certainly running slow-ish, though nowhere near as badly as a couple of evenings ago

Update Reply
Wills @ 10/10/2007 14:28  

Gone very very slow this afternoon. :-(

Update Reply
Dangermouse @ 12/10/2007 12:49  

Soon as I posted the above it seemed to speed up to normal. I must have the magic touch!

Update Reply
Dangermouse @ 12/10/2007 12:50  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email