MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle News

Demand VAT off motorcycle airbags and clothing

Demand VAT off motorcycle airbags and clothing - Forums [Biker Match] Demand VAT off motorcycle airbags and clothing - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle News /

Demand VAT off motorcycle airbags and clothing

Article - Motorcycle Monthly Jan 2015 "Motoairbag is spearheading an important petition with the aim of getting the Government to remove VAT from motorcycling airbags and clothing. despite having BS EN compliance, safety-tested and rated clothing still attracts full rate VAT which deters motorcyclists from investing in products that could save their lives. Helmets that meet25 year old standards are VAT free, but the latest inflatable safety over jackets that meet standards established in 2013 are not. Motoairbag said that HMRC simply states that its formal instruction in Public Notice 701/23 does not allow a dispensation. The company's petition is for this notice to be quickly amended to reflect product developments and to seek to reduce the physical and public cost of motorcycle accidents and fatalities - each motoring fatality is calculated as costing £1,780,000." The petition, should you wish to sign is Http://bit.my/SafeVAT

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 20/12/2014 22:31  

That link isn't clickable RB well not for me.
The petition gets my vote but the government will only add the VAT to something else.

Update Reply
Sandi @ 21/12/2014 10:31  

Added via tablet so haven't worked out how to add a link. Best way is to copy n paste it into search engine.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 21/12/2014 22:12  

All safety equipment is ment to be VAT free. So why do we pay it on all rider clothing?

rant mode off

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/12/2014 21:21  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email