MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Europe on the cheap

Europe on the cheap - Forums [Biker Match] Europe on the cheap - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Europe on the cheap

Hi,

After spunking nearly £3000 on my dream trip last year into Europe...I am now skint.

Next year I want to do something similar but on a more modest budget. I'm in the North East so I know leaving the island would take up a fair chunk of change but I'm looking for some suggestions on what to do.

Anyone got any ideas for my trip. I was thinking of the Pyrenees via the Massif Centrale. Or the Bilbao route.

Update Reply
Jamesellery @ 19/11/2014 09:09  

Come with us June 25th- Sunday 5th July

I'm taking a few Scots from site down to central/South France meeting pile of BM folk on way down to Dover. Full board £50ish ppn (covers English breky, home cooked dinner, wine, beer and Tea/coffee) you just need petrol, lunch and ferry (£42 ish return) on top I have 9 booked/paid to go so you would be more than welcome. With 10+ people we get the whole place to ourselves also

I will be coming from Edinburgh down to Scotch Corner (A68) so ideal to meet you there if you wish.

If your interested gimme a pm fella

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/11/2014 10:08  

Look at France for beginers thread. ferry from Portsmouth to bilao then a week at La bastide Clairence on the french side of the pyrennes
Contact Stuuts if you're interested

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 19/11/2014 17:37  

Just as Valdamir said,

Don't worry about the title, I think in the two before there was only one beginner

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 19/11/2014 17:43  

you guys paying £313 for crossing ?

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/11/2014 18:33  

no that's for return and cabin to bilbao

Update Reply
stutts @ 19/11/2014 18:58  

All sounds like good advice. I been looking at camping 'a la ferme' for some rustic accommodation. Some really nice sites for £6 a night. But the tour madscots doing is also tempting.

I'll check out the France for beginners thread as well. It's all a bit strange as I lived in France for 10 years but never got the chance take advantage. Only passed my test last year but already put 10000 miles on my bike!

Update Reply
Jamesellery @ 19/11/2014 20:07  

Always good to have options

Update Reply
madscots @ 19/11/2014 20:41  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email