MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Shoulder to Shoulder - Rememberance

Shoulder to Shoulder - Rememberance - Forums [Biker Match] Shoulder to Shoulder - Rememberance - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Shoulder to Shoulder - Rememberance

As some of you know, some of my family were military and I have quite a few friends who were/are still in the forces. I thought it would be appropriate at this time of year, for those who wish to show their respect and give thanks to those who have and do serve to have a thread to do so. Please note, that if you don't wish to do so, that is fine too. On a personal note. Shoulder to Shoulder you stood tall, Shoulder to Shoulder you still stand. Thank you to all those who have gone and to those who still serve. Your bravery is not forgotten.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 06/11/2014 14:18  

Thank you Rowan, it is entirely appropriate to create this thread.

My Grandfather was in the forces, and though he died many years ago, I think of him and miss him every day.x.

For if it wasn't for the strength and courage that he and others showed then, as they do even now, we wouldn't have the free lives we live today.

My thanks to them all.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2014 14:39  

I too have family and friends who were/are in the forces, some of whom are still with us, others who passed many years ago.

It is important to remember that no matter how small or large their contribution it has (and still does) make a difference to the freedom the people of this Nation.

Stand proud, tall and (as @RB says) shoulder to shoulder. Thank you,.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 06/11/2014 19:15  

This is by Wilfred Owen M.C., the most famous Old Boy from my Grammar School. He was killed in action one week (almost to the hour) before The Armistice. Bent double, like old beggars under sacks, Knock-kneed, coughing like hags, we cursed through sludge, Till on the haunting flares we turned our backs, And towards our distant rest began to trudge. Men marched asleep. Many had lost their boots, But limped on, blood-shod. All went lame; all blind; Drunk with fatigue; deaf even to the hoots Of gas-shells dropping softly behind. Gas! GAS! Quick, boys!—An ecstasy of fumbling Fitting the clumsy helmets just in time, But someone still was yelling out and stumbling And flound’ring like a man in fire or lime.— Dim through the misty panes and thick green light, As under a green sea, I saw him drowning. In all my dreams before my helpless sight, He plunges at me, guttering, choking, drowning. If in some smothering dreams, you too could pace Behind the wagon that we flung him in, And watch the white eyes writhing in his face, His hanging face, like a devil’s sick of sin; If you could hear, at every jolt, the blood Come gargling from the froth-corrupted lungs, Obscene as cancer, bitter as the cud Of vile, incurable sores on innocent tongues,— My friend, you would not tell with such high zest To children ardent for some desperate glory, The old Lie: Dulce et decorum est Pro patria mori. .

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 06/11/2014 19:39  

My eldest son is out there now in the RAF. Plus several of my family, past and present were in the forces. |So yeah totally for this sentiment.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 06/11/2014 19:51  

RIP and thank you to all.....

I have a son who is presently in the army cadets and desperately wants to go in...

And family that were..

XX

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 07/11/2014 07:27  

My dear old dad . Still very much alive at 89. Served during the second world war .

my cousin Carl who served in Bosnia, invalided out from his beloved army. Served and survived. Northern Ireland , with his Irish bride.

Tommy , shot and fell in NI.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 07/11/2014 19:39  

Sacrifices that are not forgotten. Thank you all,x

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 07/11/2014 19:46  

Good luck to those serving and God Bless to those who have served.

Update Reply
BMWgent @ 10/11/2014 20:50  

My thoughts and respect go out to all who have served, both past and present.
We will never forget.

Update Reply
davidneale @ 10/11/2014 23:39  

Yes thankyou to all who served and are still serving.... brave souls the lot of youse x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/11/2014 00:16  

Bumping this forward.....

Thank you to each of those who have fallen, to each who still stand and to each that will be. To our true heros.

in our thoughts, never to be forgotten, gratitude always gladly given to those who sacrifice so we can be.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 08/11/2015 00:19  

Thanks RB. Other than long-lost great-great uncles that I never knew, I only have an ex-sis-in-law who served, so don't claim any connection with the military; but said great-great-uncles and all their comrades who served and fell in the two great wars weren't "military" - they were civilians who gave their all in defence of every thing they loved. Their sacrifice can never be forgotten.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 08/11/2015 12:06  

Thinking of those who have sacrificed so much to keep us safe and the families that support them . Thank you .

Update Reply
Jackyan @ 11/11/2015 08:45  

Never forgotten and never to forget. Thank you to all that have gone, all that serve.

Update Reply
rowanblossom @ 11/11/2016 06:31  

Never Forgotten, Thank you.

The little boy in the cadets is now training to be a soldier......

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 11/11/2016 08:18  

Totally appropriate thread. Thank you for providing .

Xxx Ne Obliviscaris xxx

Update Reply
HD3FXD @ 11/11/2016 16:53  

My Old Man was on destroyers during WW2,so some family link,not forgotten,dad,respect....

Update Reply
jinx57 @ 11/11/2016 22:37  

Every day is Remembrance Day

Shoulder to shoulder with all who served

Update Reply
timtime @ 12/11/2016 08:29  

During a 2 minute silence at the NMA at Lee Rigby's name a small child appeared with his mother, boldly looked at us, strode to the wall close to Lee's name, put his hand on the wall, turned around & while looking at us all proudly said that's my daddy, no need to say how we all felt needing tissues. Tomorrow i'm attending my local service. We stand shoulder to shoulder.

Update Reply
Scarecrow @ 12/11/2016 09:14  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email