MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Scotland week 2015, a BM special.

Scotland week 2015, a BM special. (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Scotland week 2015, a BM special. (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Scotland week 2015, a BM special.

steves origional message that ive pinched....: 1. Camp at Fort Augustus again for a week. Or somewhere else if we want a bit of variety, but I do like fort Gus. 2. Bit of a tour, couple of nights at Fort Gus, couple of nights Ullapool and something else, possibly Skye or the Cairngorms. Could do Glencoe on the way back, the Clachaig of course, for those that want the midge experience. The plan would be to pick places with campsites, hotels and b&b's to suite all pockets. 3. Book a house for a week. This would take the most planning and I would want money up front which might be a problem for some people. What are your thoughts?

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 08/01/2015 20:26  

i am going to spend this weekend looking a affordable b & b, i would like to explore more an this might be my last scotland tour for a cupla years as im planning to move over the border.....however dont really want to do it by myself, so any company will be good. also need to start bookin places early most places dont take any money at this point just a name and contact number:)

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 08/01/2015 20:32  

Starting at Fort Augustus, then camping at various locations up the northwest coast, with maybe the odd b&b thrown in if the weather turns shite. As far as Tongue on the north coast, then more or less due south, back to Fort Augustus for the final piss-up.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 08/01/2015 21:26  

It worked pretty well last year with people coming and going so I decided to leave at that and forget the house idea. Too much hassle trying to organise people!

I'm quite keen on getting a day or two on Skye, ditto Ullapool and back to FA at the end of the week.
But that might change lol.

I mainly wanted to get the week on the calendar so people can plan their holidays.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 08/01/2015 21:37  

Too right Steve, it did work well last year with peeps coming and going to suit themselves.
Thanks for putting this up, hope the weather delivers as it did last year.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 08/01/2015 22:05  

You're in charge of that Izzy :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 09/01/2015 07:03  

Putting a woman in charge of summat!
Have you taken leave of your senses, man?

*goes back to hibernating, wiv a malt*

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2015 12:09  

I'm up that way the week before 5-12/07/15 any chances you could pull it forward a week?

Update Reply
Jamesellery @ 09/01/2015 16:34  

Go on James, a fortnight sounds great.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 09/01/2015 17:17  

Can't stretch to a fortnight unfortunately, still working for the man and the man says only 1 week this summer!

Update Reply
Jamesellery @ 09/01/2015 19:32  

So, just slot yrself in, whereever, no doubt we will enjoy at some point!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 09/01/2015 19:59  

Will have to see how things pan out. I'm in Fort William the 6-7/07 but if anyone is about I will tag along.

Update Reply
Jamesellery @ 09/01/2015 20:13  

Hi, So is Fort Augustus set in stone now? How busy was the campsite last year, is there a need to book your pitch in advance?

Anyone up for a run over the bealach to applecross, one of my fav roads!

Update Reply
Adventurer75 @ 10/01/2015 22:01  

yu cud always break down, james, takes a gud cupla days if not 3 to get down from the highlands

Update Reply
dizzydot @ 11/01/2015 00:42  

Oi!
U watch your step, dizzy!

I think Fort Augustus is a starting point and an end point.
Otherwise, stay or go as you please.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 11/01/2015 11:29  

Hi Adventurer75 and welcome.
Steve'll not be long in getting it on the calendar so do keep checking there.
No need to pre-book camping, Steve does a sterling jobs of liaising with the site over numbers to expect but it wasn't busy last year.

Sure we can be persuaded up to Applecross without too much effort.

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 11/01/2015 12:48  

So far all the rideouts have been pretty spectacular. A two day b&b run is always a possibility for those peeps that want to .

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 12/01/2015 12:53  

Ad75, no need to book for camping, just put your name down and I let them know how many to expect.
And you be able to put your name down as soon as someone in BM authorises it. Hint hint!

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 12/01/2015 18:01  

And one day, sometime soon, one of the moderators will actually get it on the events page!!!
Not that I'm impatient or anything :-)

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 14/01/2015 15:54  

Submit it again Steve?

Update Reply
izzyhill @ 16/01/2015 20:57  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email