MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Kiss 2015

Kiss 2015 - Forums [Biker Match] Kiss 2015 - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Kiss 2015

Any news on KISS next year like dates and what lovely part of our country I'll be riding up to?

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 24/10/2014 19:40  

I might try and make KISS next year, Mrs AJ seems Ok about it but I know bugger all about rallys. what do I need, just a tent and the price of a pint ? and a bike I guess any advice ? and is there any chance of a choice of dates as my shifts are SH**t to try and fit activities into.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/10/2014 08:53  

Hi AJ. You need a tent, sleeping bag, change of clothes for a weekend, a plate, a mug, knife fork and spoon, possibly an air mattress if you like your comfort, and of course your beer tokens. There will always be someone there who will make a brew for you and if you are really friendly with particular members, for a share of the cost, your breakfast at least can be sorted. That, old chap, will be sufficient basic gear for a rally of KISS's magnitude.
But beware, if you see BJ approaching with a Hi-Viz vest you have been deputised as a marshall, and you will have a brilliant laugh doing it as well.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/10/2014 10:15  

Yeah but could I buy her off with an ice cream ???

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/10/2014 11:39  

Ice cream is always a powerful bargaining tool with BJ. But if you run away fast enough when you see her coming that will produce far better results. Hope to see you at a few events this year AJ, I dont even know if BJ and the Birmingham mafia is organising KISS this year, but if they do it will be something not to miss anyway.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/10/2014 11:44  

Perhaps I should turn up in an Ice Cream van........ that'd be worth a few brownie points.

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/10/2014 12:00  

Steady on there! you will be mobbed. Have you not been reading any posts from laydeez containing the words Ice and Cream? Matlock isn't there for the ride out, or the meeting of friends! No, it is there purely and simply for the ice cream, the laydeez don't go on their own or with their other halves for the ride! If there was no promise of ice cream the place would be full of blokes drinking coffee/tea and talking bikes and twisty roads. Good god man, if you want to attend KISS and not see any of it, by all means, turn up in an ice cream van. At least we will know where the laydeez will be if we need them for anything.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/10/2014 12:41  

sounds like a plan to me

Update Reply
VFR800AJ @ 25/10/2014 12:44  

Well it does sound like a plan but due to nobody wanting to organize Kiss5 it is highly unlikely it will happen. So anyone interested in putting on Kiss5 contact BJ. We will give you any help and advice we can to help it go to plan

Update Reply
JP @ 26/10/2014 12:36  

It will be such a shame if there's no Kiss next year.

It would be good if some folks take it on, but sadly there's no point in anyone from the south having a go because two years ago Bury St Edmunds was to far south for some.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/10/2014 20:32  

Them who don't want to travel long distances to events don't want to organize any either. I for one would travel to the south. Part of the enjoyment is the ride there.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 26/10/2014 20:48  

I have always said that the main BM rally should held centrally so everyone has a chance to attend. Plus, the brum events team do such a good and thorough job of planning and organising it, if they are going to do it, why would they scout out venues all over the country when no one in other regions will at least try.
KISS4 was a huge success and on top of that, the possible theft of some machines was thwarted by the organisers and marshalls, who made sure there was someone around 24 hours to keep the site secure from thieving toerags looking to make a quick opportunistic steal.
It will be a shame if it doesnt go ahead next year but I dont blame bj, jp or scorpio54 for wanting a breather and the chance to enjoy a KISS rally the same as everyone else.

Update Reply
Double six @ 26/10/2014 21:14  

You're right there Vald, having a good ride somewhere and knowing my reward is a nice pint of beer is all part of it.

And D6 you're spot on too, with the Midlands being central to England (not the UK) it's only logical for it to be somewhere in that area.

So maybe if we are all very nice to BJ (like she lets us have a choice) Scorpio54 and JP they may think about changing their minds.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/10/2014 21:50  

ISLE OF WIGHT sounds good anywhere above London is north

Update Reply
stutts @ 26/10/2014 22:01  

You only want on the Isle of Wight so you can get the last ferry home and kip in your own bed. We've got you sussed Stutts

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 26/10/2014 22:10  

worth a try .I don't care where it is ,like you we will get there somehow,doesnt matter if its up country I shall just follow

Update Reply
stutts @ 26/10/2014 22:22  

What about asking The Pub With No Name at Froxfield if something could be done there? Or is it too small? Never done KISS so aint got a clue of scale!

I vote Rags n Stutts as organisers ... **heads for the door to avoid being bombarded with naughty words**

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 26/10/2014 22:59  

Its a huge compliment to us that you guys enjoy the KISS Rallies :) But as has already been said it would be nice for us to be able to go as party goers for a change. The whole concept of the KISS Rally was that it moved around so the same folks did not have to travel the furthest all the time and different folks had the opportunity to put their mark on the Rally as well. I am not trying to put folk off just being realistic, but it does take a good 12 months to organise stuff and there are lots of behind the scenes stuff that has to take place as well, liaising with local emergency services, the Council, fire risk assessments, insurance etc As well as being on duty for the whole duration of the Rally. It is worth it though to be honest once you see folks enjoying themselves and the thanks you get afterwards. We are happy to help and advise as much or as little as needed to anybody who wishes to pick up the mantle and organise KISS 5 :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 27/10/2014 09:23  

WELL DONE RAGNAR FOR TAKING IT ON ,,,,,,,,,,,,ill help ya

Update Reply
stutts @ 27/10/2014 19:29  

Sorry Stutts but it's beyond my expertise to take on such a roll.

Update Reply
Ragnar @ 27/10/2014 19:39  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email