MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Book Corner

Book Corner (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Book Corner (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Book Corner

Too old to read books.

Frightened I'll die before I finish it . Lol

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 24/09/2014 22:25  

Hahaha Steve H .... Spot was a cutie!

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 25/09/2014 10:42  

But how did it end Skyejan???

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 25/09/2014 18:29  

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_LgBnzdEx0

Just for you Steve H

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 25/09/2014 21:56  

Skyejan, JP is no cutie, as you will find out if you ever meet him, but be warned, do not approach him if you have a pie in your possesion! He will do and say anything, and I mean anything, to divest you of said pie. Apart from that he aint a bad bloke really.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/09/2014 22:03  

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo Trilogy .... Superb!!

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 25/09/2014 22:10  

Hahahaha Double Six .... my knick name is ''Two Pies'' .... I am a firm believer in being prepared for anything!!

I have been to Pontefract .... that is where I learned to be prepared for ANYTHING!!

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 25/09/2014 22:11  

Well if that be the case, JP will be trailing round behind you at any events you are both at, just in case one of the two pies is just a little too much for you to carry, he would of course be a gent and offer to ease your burdon, but he wont guarantee you will see it again.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/09/2014 22:17  

I am afraid I don't carry them for very long .... Nom nom :) so he would have to be quick!!

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 25/09/2014 22:21  

For short, overweight (his words), truck driving member of the Birmingham Mafia he is remarkably nimble, but only when food is involved.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/09/2014 22:25  

he sounds like my dog Doris ...

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 25/09/2014 22:30  

hahaha, another nickname for him! not only is he a Goiter he will be known henceforth as Doris! He will love that immensely no doubt.

Update Reply
Double six @ 25/09/2014 22:34  

Poor JP

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 25/09/2014 22:55  

Isn't this thread meant to be about books?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2014 10:05  

It is Lulu, and I appologise to everyone for taking it off thread. But in my defence, I don't take thread off on a tangent very often.

Update Reply
Double six @ 26/09/2014 10:08  

Re reading Sven Hassle books at the moment and enjoying every minute :)

Update Reply
Brummie Jackie @ 26/09/2014 10:13  

Just this morning got a long awaited for book from the US on the lives of Hillbilly Women in the Appalachian Mountains ... author is Kathy Kahn, can't wait to get into it

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2014 10:23  

Started the new Kathy Reichs 'Exposure' The new Virals adventure...unfortunately I now have to go out tonight and can't carry on reading it...:(

Pub or book?? MMmmm...(rather have the book!)

That sounds good Lulu..let me know. Enjoyed Dolly Parton's autobiography and don't read them very often.

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 26/09/2014 18:32  

I will Joey hon been busy myself today no time to sit and chill with my book but hopefully later..... just ordered that Terry Haynes one you mentioned, oooh Dolly's bio that sounds pretty good actually, might give that a look, what an interesting life she must live x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 26/09/2014 20:21  

I’m not a great fan of science fiction - for instance, I think H.G. Wells’s “The History of Mr. Polly” is far superior to any of his sci-fi novels - but I make an exception in John Wyndham. Which is why I found the 1963 movie version of “The Day of the Triffids” so irritating (and I’m not the only one, judging by the User Reviews in the IMDb page). Leaving aside the production values, I was irked that a pivotal and interesting character in the book, Horace Coker, was lazily killed off in the film (despite being portrayed by the very able Mervyn Johns). Then there was the train pile-up scene at Charing Cross station in London, which never featured in the book. Most are critical of this because the actual crash is never seen, but there’s another factor. You’re a train driver. During the journey, you go blind. So what do you do? Immediately engage full throttle, apparently. The film version of the aforementioned “History of Mr. Polly”, with John Mills in the title role, stuck far more closely to the book and was an infinitely superior product for it.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 29/09/2014 14:09  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email