MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Book Corner

Book Corner - Forums [Biker Match] Book Corner - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Book Corner

http://fictionvixen.com/review-her-knight-in-black-leather-by-j-m-stewart/

Gifted writer J.M. Stewart has outdone herself with Her Knight In Black Leather! Her character’s are damaged but show great strength. Micheal is super sexy in his black leather and his hard exterior, but on the inside he is thoughtful and sensitive. While Cat at first appears to be a wall flower, she quickly opens up and shows great courage and tenacity. Together Cat and Micheal have chemistry that is combustible. I highly recommend this outstanding book

Being a total Bookworm I thought I would share this ... Loved it! Anyone have any recommendations for books?

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 20/09/2014 19:46  

I highly recommend 'Holidays in Hell' by PJ O'Rourke, tis a travel book about the journo's stay in countries such as The Lebanon and Nicaragua in the early 80's. Fascinating reading

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2014 22:28  

If you like historical fiction, anything by Bernard Cornwall.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2014 23:21  

OK, here goes.
Last book I read for sheer pleasure: A Short History of Tractors in Ukranian, by Marina Lewycka. It's actually a wry comedy, but there you go.
Last book I read out of necessity: Honda VFR750 and 700 V-Fours, published by Haynes.
Last book I bought: Clarence Whaite and the Welsh Art World: the Betws-y-Coed Aritsts' Colony 1844-1914, by Peter Lord

Well, you did ask!

Update Reply
Wills @ 21/09/2014 01:30  

"Reminiscences of Motorcycling"by Ixion.

It's tales of biking from long ago when 2 or 3 hp was usual 9hp was a big beast. But other than the power jump the rest you will be able to relate to.
Long outta print but if you fish about on the web you'll be able to find the pdf.

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 21/09/2014 08:12  

ok so last set of books i read were the two sets of infernal devices and mortal instruments (cassandra clare) and am now reading a much loved series of books by david eddings "the belgariad" all amazing sets of books x

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/09/2014 08:55  

reading patrica cornwell again from start to finish just love a good book

Update Reply
chell316 @ 21/09/2014 09:05  

any S KING

Update Reply
kaycat @ 21/09/2014 09:32  

I'm not a big reader but I find Page 3 a very interesting read

Update Reply
JP @ 21/09/2014 09:37  

Some great suggestions there ... not sure about page three though! Lol

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 21/09/2014 10:45  

I am Pilgrim - Terry Haynes

What a well written and interesting story!! Of how terrorism is embedded in a person's whole life and why. And another life that has totally different perspectives on how to stop terrorism!

Fantastic story that is so close to real life it could be a biography!

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 21/09/2014 19:08  

"The Long Walk," by Slawomir Rawicz. Some doubt its veracity, but it's a cracking read nonetheless. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S%C5%82awomir_Rawicz#The_L...k_to_India The late Alan Sillitoe is/was probably my favourite author. On the subject of motorcycling, has anyone read the recent Surtees autobiography? I believe he had to push his MV from Lime Street station across Liverpool city centre to catch the Isle of Man ferry for his first TT. I'll have to exclude Enid Blyton's book about cricket - "Five Get The Runs Together" - on the grounds that it doesn't exist.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2014 19:27  

Yep agreed there are deffo some interesting books there I am gonna suss out too, thanks folks! Joey I particularly like the sound of your suggestion... Kay its Mr King's birthday today, I too am a fan of his stuff x

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2014 21:22  

Thanks Lulu..it is brilliant!!

The Sycamore Row - John Grisham

The follow up story to a View to a Kill. Jake Brigand is back with a bang! The story is nearly as controversial as the first! A coloured lady is left millions in an inheritance from her white boss and the small southern town are in uproar, especially her family!!

Jake takes the case on as he has no choice.

Grisham manages to tie all the last book into the new one, as usual really well written.

Update Reply
Joey05 @ 22/09/2014 06:08  

I notice with interest that one or two posters on this thread seem to be quoting from blurbs of the books they are recommending. Absolutely nothing wrong with that - quite often, these descriptions are concise, accurate and sum up the content very well. What I would recommend, though, is that aspiring reviewers ensure that the example they are reading has never been lent by a library to the late Joe Orton and/or Ken Halliwell, who were in the habit of inserting false blurbs into the books they borrowed. http://www.joeorto......gt; This resulted in a harsh six-month prison sentence (and a fine of £262) for both men in 1962, which was to prove a highly significant period in Orton’s short life. Separated from the more-organised Halliwell, he became exceptionally creative; and prison “crystallised“, in his mind at least, what he considered to be the rotten state of UK society. There was to be no happy ending. Orton subsequently became a highly successful playwright, but Halliwell, jealous of his lover’s fame and terrified he would be left alone because of it, bludgeoned Orton to death before committing suicide with a prescription drug overdose in 1967. http://www.theguar......gt;

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 22/09/2014 13:52  

Yikes Valencia ... that is some serious stuff!!

Wish the Enid Blighton book you speak of WAS available ... Lol Lol

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 22/09/2014 20:00  

Prince Harry .. Brother, Soldier, Son .. By Penny JunorSpoiler alert! Prince Harry is “not by any stretch of the imagination” the son of James Hewitt. He was conceived, Penny Junor explains, before his mother had ever met the galloping Lifeguards officer. But to put our minds at rest, a Sunday newspaper (which no longer exists) took it on itself to have a DNA test done on a strand of the royal ginger hair. Harry’s hatred of the tabloid press, it is no surprise to learn, is bottomless.Which leaves the question: what has it been like for the fourth in line to the throne to have been, since he was five years old, subject to a whispering campaign about his paternity? Pretty grim, by all accounts. Almost as grim as having your parents confess their infidelities on national television, your father’s desire to be a tampon broadcast across the globe, the death of your adored mother mourned by millions who never knew her. Almost as grim as having your phone constantly hacked, the country go into a fit of morality every time you are photographed having fun, the vital statistics of your girlfriends discussed in gossip columns, and a lookalike pretend to be you in a TV show called I Wanna Marry Harry when you wouldn’t mind finding a real girlfriend yourself. “The truth is,” says Junor, “Harry is going to find it difficult to land any fish unless the media has a dramatic change of heart and gives him some privacy.” Interestingly and quite surprisingly .. I enjoyed it.

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 22/09/2014 20:06  

Just for you lol
Prince Harry .. Brother, Soldier, Son .. By Penny Junor
Spoiler alert! Prince Harry is “not by any stretch of the imagination” the son of James Hewitt. He was conceived, Penny Junor explains, before his mother had ever met the galloping Lifeguards officer. But to put our minds at rest, a Sunday newspaper (which no longer exists) took it on itself to have a DNA test done on a strand of the royal ginger hair. Harry’s hatred of the tabloid press, it is no surprise to learn, is bottomless.
Which leaves the question: what has it been like for the fourth in line to the throne to have been, since he was five years old, subject to a whispering campaign about his paternity? Pretty grim, by all accounts. Almost as grim as having your parents confess their infidelities on national television, your father’s desire to be a tampon broadcast across the globe, the death of your adored mother mourned by millions who never knew her. Almost as grim as having your phone constantly hacked, the country go into a fit of morality every time you are photographed having fun, the vital statistics of your girlfriends discussed in gossip columns, and a lookalike pretend to be you in a TV show called I Wanna Marry Harry when you wouldn’t mind finding a real girlfriend yourself. “The truth is,” says Junor, “Harry is going to find it difficult to land any fish unless the media has a dramatic change of heart and gives him some privacy.”
Interestingly and quite surprisingly .. I enjoyed it.

Update Reply
JP @ 22/09/2014 20:35  

Awww thanks! Wonder why it went like that?? You are a star

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 22/09/2014 20:39  

I liked that one about Spot, the dog, chasing the big red ball.
Never got round to finishing it though.
Did Spot ever catch the ball? And did he make it home for tea?

Update Reply
Steve_H @ 24/09/2014 21:25  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email