MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

General Chat/Anything Goes

Your first Bike memories

Your first Bike memories - Forums [Biker Match] Your first Bike memories - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / General Chat/Anything Goes /

Your first Bike memories

What are your favourite (or worst nightmare!) memories of when you very first got into Bikes?

It was the summer of '76 ... a heatwave .. I was on holiday in Cornwall with parents and siblings. Aged 15yrs. Me and sis hooked up with a motley crew of Bikers and had the BEST holiday ever! The parents were pretty worried at first ... they were not sure of the intentions of these hairy leather clad beasts ... but they were perfect gentlemen (though a bit noisy Lol)
Happy Days :)

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 20/09/2014 18:13  

My 1st memory of biking was riding a Royal enfield 350 and changing gear on my mates farm . 2nd memory of biking was hitting a tree about 15 seconds later.

Update Reply
JP @ 20/09/2014 18:40  

Jeeeez JP !! How old were you?

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 20/09/2014 19:10  

Bj don't call me old un for nothink

Update Reply
JP @ 20/09/2014 19:13  

And the last time you fell off, there wasn't a tree in sight! lol!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 20/09/2014 23:24  

No that is very true XK mnd you dont fall off the bar stool at Squires at the Christmas do

Update Reply
JP @ 20/09/2014 23:42  

Worst memory was writing off my brand new 250 Super (wet) Dream, aged 18 and with the kind of bravery reserved only for the very young or the very stupid, I was going for fuel before going to my girlfriends. The roads in my town had just been tar and chipped and the Honda was on the standard Nippon-no-grip tyres, which for some reason didn't want to shed any chips in the treads.
Off I set to the fuel station and approaching a beautiful sweeping left hander I was giving it the beans, (or as many beans as the wet dream had) the front end started to give out and I had the awful premonition of my bike all dented and scratched and my arse full of gravel rash, not a pretty thought.
Thinking quickly, and seeing there was nothing coming towards me, I decided to cut across the road, mount the pavement via a drop kerb, regain control and exit via the next drop kerb without the sickening off I was destined for.
All was well, until I hit the house brick someone had left on the path, this connection threw me totally off balance and straight into a brick wall at about 35 miles an hour. After hitting the lawn and not feeling the bike come crashing down on me , I jumped to my feet hoping to get back on the bike and ride off without any embarresing encounters with home owners and such, only to find the front end of the bike totally wrapped underneath itself with the wheel under the frame.
The only good thing to come out of this was the headlight glass and mirrors remained intact, it seems Honda glass is wonderful stuff, I just wish they had made my bike out of it as well.

Update Reply
Double six @ 20/09/2014 23:57  

first memory was blasting down the canal walk at the age of 8 on my ickle honda c50(1977).worst memory must be waking up one morning to find my beloved honda cj125 missing off my yard two days after passing my test

Update Reply
zzrbabe42 @ 21/09/2014 08:59  

Great memories!

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 21/09/2014 10:49  

my uncle taking me out of his bike for the first time when i were 6 xx

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 21/09/2014 12:11  

1966 , mi mate was the proud owner of a Honda 50 sport. This was the motorcycle version of the stepthru. Pressed steel frame and forks , complete with a clutch. It was bright red. He charged people thrupence (3d) to ride it round the field at Lady Gilfords park.

I was hooked on bikes instantly. I was eleven. Forty eight years later Wilf and I still ride round fields together. We were both at Steve H's Dent weekend.

Update Reply
dustin666 @ 27/09/2014 00:03  

My earliest memory of bikes (and what got me into biking) was being sat on my dad's triumph thunderbird at the tender age of 7 and revving the balls off it (To my dad's horror) whilst laughing uncontrollably at the vibrations going through my whole body. I still love that feeling although nowadays I try (no really) to keep it below the red line.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2014 00:52  

I think I was about 10 at the time and one of my bro's had got an old scrambler and was racing it up and down the park beside us, needless to say I had to have a go it looked so exciting And yes there I sped off thinking I was great n all and went flying straight into a bush but oh my what fun! And it had me hooked on bikes ever since.....

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 27/09/2014 13:18  

Ah, my Honda C90, registration HTB 88K. For the first time I could reach the distant but visible land of Wales under my own steam. The thrill of Mold, one might say, only it doesn't sound right. Not really.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 28/09/2014 17:32  

Most excited when i got on my ex GPO BSA Bantam for the first time, it was short lived, i changed into 1st gear on a corner and went over the handlebars.

Update Reply
jaybuzz @ 30/09/2014 09:08  

Being chased up the south circular road S.E.6 by the old bill in 1974. I was riding my mates GT250, underage and no licence. Fortunately got away and learnt my lesson

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 30/09/2014 20:32  

One of my earliest memories is of riding in the boot of my Dad's sidecar in the pouring rain. Forget where we had been.
By the time we got home the water in the well was above my welly tops and, as I had a rubberised raincoat on, even my pockets were full of water.
Dad drilled some holes in the floor after that.

Update Reply
Halfpint @ 01/10/2014 18:31  

Hahahaha Halfpint!! I can imagine it!! Good story :)

Update Reply
Skyejan @ 03/10/2014 12:45  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email