MENU LOGIN 
   Redirecting... ...to our OLD website!

We're still in the process of converting the site to the new format.

Apologies for the inconvenience and thank you for your understanding.

-Matt, Admin

Ok - go now to OLD site

No thanks - stay on NEW site

Motorcycle Events & Rides Out

Squires Toy Run

Squires Toy Run (2) - Forums [Biker Match] Squires Toy Run (2) - Forums [Biker Match]
Home / Search Forums / Motorcycle Events & Rides Out /

Squires Toy Run

Cor! ooh that didnt work, it was supposed to be the poster... sorry Vlad, can you or someone equally clever resolve that one please? **goes and sits in the corner with hands on head!**

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 28/10/2014 13:37  

CAKE ALERT!

The school at masham will be selling cheap drinks and CAKE !!!

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 13/11/2014 17:12  

CAKE!!!!!!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 13/11/2014 17:36  

And the ICE CREAM shop will be open seeling locally produced ICE CREAM

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 13/11/2014 19:37  

Centurion and I won't be doing this Toy Run this year, but will most definitely be in Masham to greet you

Update Reply
GT63 @ 13/11/2014 22:05  

The icecreams will be on you, then!

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 14/11/2014 10:05  

You may have a small cone....no Flake!

Update Reply
GT63 @ 14/11/2014 18:07  

@Vlad, are we actually taking toys with us to Masham this year? (last year we dumped em at Squires n had a short run out to The Sun Inn at Norwood, which was a little disappointing). For me this run marks the start of the festive season so I am hoping to see loads of happy, excited, smiley kiddiwinks this year ... rather than an ill prepared pub with no children!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 19/11/2014 16:15  

Last year we should have gone to York designer outlet but they pulled out the day before the run so the ride to the sun inn was a last minute thing.
The toys will be handed in at Squires and sent to the yorkshire childrens centre, they will invite the parents of the chosen children to the centre where they can choose appropiate presents for their children. The childrens centre will then wrap them and deliver them in time for christmas day.
We don't invite the kids to the toy run because they don't know about the presents.
These kids would not normally receive any presents or very few on christmas day so it is a big surprise for them

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 19/11/2014 17:32  

There are sure to be kiddies on the way to wave to, Lindz !!!

Every pressie you leave at Squires will make a child's Xmas better xx

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 19/11/2014 20:15  

There will be the local kids from Masham there. We have got the local school and church involved and every child who turns up at Masham in fancy dress gets a pressie.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 19/11/2014 22:01  

Aaaaw, Vlad...that'll be lovely! Great organising :>

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 19/11/2014 23:03  

Apologies, im obviously getting confused with the Egg Runs, where the streets have been lined with flag waving, smiley, cheering children. Its my age you know!

It will be a good run up to Masham and looks like there's going to be a party atmosphere going down.

@xk, dont even think of eating ALL the cake n icecream, dont forget there will be at least two PROFESSIONAL cake tasters there!

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 23/11/2014 09:10  

Just a thought, wouldn't mind doing this, thinking of booking the hotel up the road so I'm not having to leave home at a silly time in the morning, make a full weekend of it, anyone else had this in mind?

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 24/11/2014 21:15  

@Allison, try the b&bs in sherburn itself, not sure if any cheaper than Milford Lodge... Might be worth a try, also dont forget crimbo party time so most places will be booked up

I would say i have space at mine, but i think all beds are taken ...just waiting for confirmation.

Update Reply
Lindsay @ 24/11/2014 22:51  

You can camp at Squires for free.

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 25/11/2014 01:44  

I'm not a wuss or anything xk but I think mine would be the only tent there, squires camping field alone in the middle of the night, now that DOES scare me!! Lol

Update Reply
allison_2011 @ 25/11/2014 08:58  

Good to see so many BM members joining the toy run. This looking like the best one yet.

Update Reply
Vladamir @ 28/11/2014 00:09  

I'll tag along..but will be in the car and most likely with my grandson. Looking forward to this new venue :>>

Update Reply
Alice2 @ 30/11/2014 23:55  

Does anyone know whereabouts in Masham we will be arriving at? Is it the market Square.....or a pub.......or something?

Update Reply
Deleted Member @ 01/12/2014 21:53  

Facebook Twitter Google Pinterest Text Email